PS2 install

What do you need help with??

Well, obviously I understand the question you just posed.....but what info about the installation of them are you trying to find?? Something we could answer for you??

well like how would you hook it up to a battery? and i was told that though they are designed to play DVD's it actually messes up the laser and they lose their ability to smoothly read games...anybody hear anything like that?

buy a power inverter, like $30, if mounted under a seat or a dash will never be heard, and you dont risk blowing you PS2 because you are trying to hook a AC meant unit to a DC source.

less clean, check my sounddomain page, i have a power inverter, find where the install isnt clean on it.

go ahead and convince yourself that your power inverter wasnt a waste of money. i dont care.
haveing a power inverter leaves you the option of taking the PS2 out of car and still be able to use it, it adds another protection and fuse just in case, unless the car is parked and everyone is quit and you have the volume all the off with the inverter running and not the PS2 (the fan on the PS2 is louder than the inverter) then you cant hear it, still waiting for you to tell me how its less clean. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wave.gif.002382ce7d7c19757ab945cc69819de1.gif

i agree i had an n-64 in my car off an inverter and it wasn't that noisy....i had to have my volume all the way at zero to hear any oddities...

i think i'm gonna go with the inverter, i'm not that concerned with some minor sound, i mean, the car itself makes plenty o' sound. plus, i plan on switching it from in-car to in-house. hey jesse98 you have a link to your sounddomain page?

yes, because having two fuses does anything/ 

you can hear it, period. i had it set up like that before, period.

yes, you can make any install look clean by adding a lot of fiberglass over everything. (oh wait, i thought you said an advantage to the inverter was that you could take out the ps2? i bet the glass makes it even easier.)

yeah, it is very easy for me to take my ps2 in and out, slide out of fiberglass and unplugs, could it be easier, it would be easy if I had the fiberglass or not all the fiberglass hides is the rest of the hole in the dash where the glove box was removed. IF you dont like it its ok, I think that the inverter is the better option, uless you know what you are doing and dont plan on using you ps2 anywhere else, also with an inverter, I can unplug the ps2 and plug in anything else i want, sometimes I put the xbox in my car, it sits in the back seat but still its nice to hace those type of options.

meh, i think permanent xbox is the best option anyhow
peace
started to do the xbox thing but I liked the dash deal and the xbox woulnt go without cutting on the dash so it was a no go (and ex-fiance had xbox at the time of install anyway), ditching both for a console mounted computer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

supraman

10+ year member
pimpin the van
supraman
Salem, OR
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date