Prototype C2 Audio Amp Casing

C2 Audio
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
We have been playing around with the idea of adding amps next year after the Threatcon-6 12", 15" and 18" are available.... I am Not committing to anything on these yet as we spend LOTS of time testing before we make any decisions. Here is the Heatsink of the 2000 watt amp from one of the Korean build houses. -Chris

1243894_402775449848173_1054249018_o.jpg

Just looking at it it looks like it may have cooling issues if its not fan cooled. But thats just me speculating.

It looks great just seems like more or deeper fins would help cooling

For the love of god make sure it has some solid mounting feet. I absolutely hate seeing a quality amp with plastic mounting feet. I dig the heatsink design. As long as there is enough aluminum there I dont forsee any heat issues. Lots of amps without a lot of heatsink fins these days

For the love of god make sure it has some solid mounting feet. I absolutely hate seeing a quality amp with plastic mounting feet. I dig the heatsink design. As long as there is enough aluminum there I dont forsee any heat issues. Lots of amps without a lot of heatsink fins these days
All Aluminum...... No Plastic feet on our C2 Audio Amps. -Chris

Hey Chris i'm not trying to crap on your thread but you have a chance to do something great with your company. To me this looks like every other amp on the market... Push for something different, something innovative. My opinion is it looks like a big black rectangle, just like everyone elses.

While I agree to an extent what would you propose he does? Altering from the rectangle design increases over all cost and it could have a very negative affect in the industry as a whole.

He could alter the heatsink more, but again..to what? I think that amp has a bit more of a "sleek" look then most out currently and brings back some nostalgic feelings a bit.

I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of amp that has a smooth look and uses end caps of some sort... But I miss the 90s lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

C2 Audio

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
C2 Audio
Youngstown, OH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date