Proper power for 2 SQ2200

Participant count
  • Participant list
So at the moment i have a duralast gold battery under the hood and an optima yellow top in the rear powering a single SQ2200 and an audiopipe apsm1200(4 channel). This is charged by a 270 Amp DC Power alternator. When playing right at clipping my voltage drops to about 13.5. I have it wired at 0.5 ohm and Sound Qubed has told me that this will cause the amp to need twice as much input vs 1 ohm. I have a 2nd amp but im worried about putting it on there because i dont know how well my electrical will hold up. I was going to bridge the two amps at 2 ohms so each amp sees 1 ohm. I have my eyes set on an XS Power D1200 which claims it can provide 3k watts as a secondary battery. Will my optima and the xs power be enough to stabilize the 1st amp at a steady 14.8? And if the second amp is strapped will it be able to atleast keep voltage about 14?

Only one way to find out. But personally i would by at least 105ah battery for your secondary. If you cant afford the xs d3100 sams club and others sell rebadged dekas for 170-220 each. These budget batts will work just fine.

well, XS power is in their own category, much more powerful then a conventional AGM battery. Hence the price premium.
Im definitely going to shoot for a D1200 and see how it fairs. If i cant stabilize at charging voltage then i'll just buy a second.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.