Proper Amp Mounting.

Thanks! for such a quick reply..

I've Noticed In Certain Builds that the user added Rubber Garments on the amp, what was the purpose of doing that?

If I were you, I wouldn't mount the amp to the box; it makes it into a one-piece, easy to steal package. If I were you, I'd screw the amp to the seat or something.

Think about it ... You can . Let say you want to mount it under the dash , You would have to flip the amp over to have the mounting brackets on the amp sit flush with that certain surface . Not a logical situation but yea . Ive seen companies stress not to dothis for for cooling reasons (obviously).

Yes for cooling reasons on most amps, but that is if you play them for hrs and hrs on end.

The grommets or rubber pads between the box and sub help to dampen unwanted vibration transfering to the amps internals, lessing the life of the amp.

As another mentioned. It is easier to still if this is done, but makes it easier to install in most cases, and also frees up room for those cars that have little room.

Not that the vibrations will cause any damage right away, but in the long run they will. Parts will become loose and break. Just a thought when mounting amps to boxes.

Can also use small standoffs to help aid in this. Similiar to how a pc's mainboard is mounted in a pc case. Just another idea that has been used and worked.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.