Project "Headunit in the house"

Participant count
  • Participant list

pwayzjellyroll
10+ year member

Master Debater
So I decided to start a new project. I wanted to take an old head unit and some old speakers that I have and put them in my house. So I'm going to be building a cabinet soon to house the headunit, a computer power supply, two tweeters, two 6 inch speakers, and two 6 x 9's. I started today buy hooking up my headunit to an AT power supply due to the fact that it has a switch built in. I will be posting pics shortly of the phases. I just wanted to do something "different" so here is my effort. When I get to my friends I'll take some pics. (I have no digital camera //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif )

Interesting, I guess. Why on earth you would choose a car reciever over a home reciever is beyond me. Good luck:thumbsup:
Just something I had extra and it's not costing me any money so why not? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

BTW Pics will be up shortly as soon as my friend gets here.

We had one of those type things in the Machine shop I used to work for. An Old pioneer low level h/u, and 4 pioneer 2-way coaxial speakers (old too)

didnt sound too bad for being caraudio stuff, but i really couldnt tell because of all the metal grinding going on.

Should be a fun project tho... good luck!

Pics have been delayed, my friend lost the cable for his camera. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif But anyways the Headunit has been powered up sucessfully. Question 2, could I run this headunit with a plateamp? Would that work for a subwoofer? Box construction should begin shortly.

I'm pretty sure a regular car amp would blow the PSU. The headunit can be done as shown in this pic thanks to Req
img059016zb7il.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.