Problems with overheating on an Audiopipe 15001D?

On what? MB = Hifonics, same boards, same parts, same operation........
i cant respond as good as someone who has tested both amps, cuz I havent...but from what I understand, MB will do rated, or even slightly more, and Hifonics will be typically slightly short of rated...just a thought. But I havent clamped both side by side, so this is more of an assumption

Both are owned by the same company and use the same board layout for their amps, definitely. As far as the actual components used, however, I don't think they're the same. Much of it probably is, but all of it? Doubtful. If we could someone could who post the internals of a DSC2000.1d and the comparable Hifonics side by side, I think then we'll know for sure.

this ^^^^
You're either blind or stupid. The board layout is nearly identical. The MB uses bigger package style parts in the channel and I can't really see the powersupply. It also looks like it uses two relays. Not exactly the same thing but it's made by the same company. I'm not going to sit here and argue with you on which amp is does rated power or this or that. Bottom line is Audiopipe is garbage. You get what you pay for.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.