Problems with overheating on an Audiopipe 15001D?

RoidRageX10
10+ year member

Ohio
Looking to buy one of these amps. Only concern is how much power they give out for such a good price. Will these overheat when ran @ 1 OHM near full power? I want to buy 2 alpine type R's give them roughly 600- 700 a peice but don't want my amp messing up on me.

Very good amps for the price. A friend of mine has 1 and it has virtually no breathing room in the car due to size restrictions, went into thermal protect after 3 hours near full tilt mid-summer once.

Very good amps for the price. A friend of mine has 1 and it has virtually no breathing room in the car due to size restrictions, went into thermal protect after 3 hours near full tilt mid-summer once.
Kinda hard to argue with that.

Sundown, AQ, Cactus, Crescendo, Arc, Hifonics (anything over 2kw) IA, I can go on and on and on.
So if an amp isn't 2k it is not a good amp? Those are good amp brands, but you forgot to list MB Quart and Audiopipe.....:]

I said hifonics anything over 2k. Anything under that is nothing special. My Mmats D200HC is an excellent amp and it's rated @ 1200 watts @ 1 ohm. It will blow away most amps in it's wattage class. Audiopipe makes crap and almost all of the MB stuff is Hifoinics, low line crap.

I said hifonics anything over 2k. Anything under that is nothing special. My Mmats D200HC is an excellent amp and it's rated @ 1200 watts @ 1 ohm. It will blow away most amps in it's wattage class. Audiopipe makes crap and almost all of the MB stuff is Hifoinics, low line crap.
Audiopipe makes crap? The Mb Quart amps are wayyy better then the Sundown for the price. Well of course you are gonna say that, you are a Sundown dealer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.