Problems with overheating on an Audiopipe 15001D?

mb quart amp are awesome for the money. better then hifonicks. i think about buying the audiopipe 30001d and i am only doing it because i am 16 and have no money. but i spend the money on the subs i have two aq 18 hdc3 but bought them whin they were on sale it was 588.00 to my front door

WELL I love the AP15001d regardless of what others say. I got it hooked up to 2 12" Alpine Type Rs myself...plan on getting the amp clamped soon or later...since I have no idea about doing it myself.

Really dont have much to compare it to though...2nd amp ive bought...other one was when I was still in high school...I forgot the brand of it.

WELL I love the AP15001d regardless of what others say. I got it hooked up to 2 12" Alpine Type Rs myself...plan on getting the amp clamped soon or later...since I have no idea about doing it myself.
Really dont have much to compare it to though...2nd amp ive bought...other one was when I was still in high school...I forgot the brand of it.
EXACTLEY..... Your in highschool and this is the second amp you have ran.. first one you don't even remember what it was so you should't be commenting on whats good and what's not like half the other kids on here...

When I was in highschool I can tell you the exact first amp I ran because It is still sought after.. Orion HCCA 225..

I'll stick to USED orion,Zapco,us amps,old school phoenix gold, PPI, Old school Fosgate. ect.. I just ain't trying to mess with audiocrap...

Few systems I've heard around here with that junk sound like distorted ****... and it's the same kids who bag on kicker for being mainstream..funny ass **** if you ask me..

and it's the same kids who bag on kicker for being mainstream
I'll take kicker over some of the commonly suggested brands on this sight. Not a huge fan of their subs, but their amps are always underrated and while the sq isnt great, it is by no means poor

its funny i wish i snapped some shots of me clamping my ap15001D @ 1 ohm sat at 14.5 volts and 108 amp draw giving me around 1560 rms lol. the sq of the amp isnt bad either lol. its funny that u call them garbage... if i get 1500 rms for under 160 lol ill take it, infact i plan on running 6 1500's on 6 15's soon

its funny i wish i snapped some shots of me clamping my ap15001D @ 1 ohm sat at 14.5 volts and 108 amp draw giving me around 1560 rms lol. the sq of the amp isnt bad either lol. its funny that u call them garbage... if i get 1500 rms for under 160 lol ill take it, infact i plan on running 6 1500's on 6 15's soon
108amps x 14.5V = 1566

But you're forgetting to take into account efficiency. That amp is probably around 75% efficient at 1ohm, so realistically you're looking at around 1200 watts. And that's if you did the clamp testing right. What meter did you use, how far into the test tone was the reading taken? What was the voltage when the reading was taken because it's not going to be 14.5V on a 12V system once "1500" watts is being pulled through it. Lots of variables that you probably didn't measure for or do properly. Add on top of that questionable quality, and I'll gladly take my money elsewhere.

Once again, it's quality of parts used, board layout and how efficient the design is. Not wattage. If a pyle amp actually put out 1500 watts RMS @ 1 ohm for $60, does that mean you would buy it over the Audiopipe? Let me put it this way, 99% of the time with car amplifiers, you get what you pay for. How much THD was present @ that 1 ohm rating of yours?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.