Problems with CDA-9851R

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sound Tech

CarAudio.com Newbie
UK
Since getting my car back from the mechanic, my Alpine CDA-9851R is permanemtly stuck in the Alpine startup screen. I have tried ejecting the control panel, leaving it out and the car shutdown for an hour, but the same problem. You will see from the attatched video what it's doing. I thought the removal tools were the correct ones, but I can t see how to get them in place!! The mechanic said he hadn't disconnected the battery.
Can anyone help?

Attachments

• 20220923_150558.mp4
    18.6 MB
  • 20220923_150946.jpg
    20220923_150946.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 62
Have you tried disconnected the battery for a while, then reconnect it to see if that resets it? Just removing the face is not likely going to do anything.

Not sure about the removal tools. The very basic illustrations in the manual show a different style, but not the best image and perhaps generic to all of their manuals, I don’t know, I skimmed the manually quickly.

I won’t take a car into any kind of automotive shop until I remove the stereo system by pulling the head unit disconnecting any amps, if I don’t feel like removing them. Employees at those places will trash aftermarket stereos and not care in the slightest. I might go overboard here, but I don't trust people.

Have you tried disconnected the battery for a while, then reconnect it to see if that resets it? Just removing the face is not likely going to do anything.

Not sure about the removal tools. The very basic illustrations in the manual show a different style, but not the best image and perhaps generic to all of their manuals, I don’t know, I skimmed the manually quickly.

I won’t take a car into any kind of automotive shop until I remove the stereo system by pulling the head unit disconnecting any amps, if I don’t feel like removing them. Employees at those places will trash aftermarket stereos and not care in the slightest. I might go overboard here, but I don't trust people.
Thanks Deiimos

Remove the Battery cable for about 1-2 hours and it should go back to you being able to make adjustments again./retune the HU
Just re-connected battery and it's back working fine thanks very much!! I thought I would have to re-install the original radio-cassette player, which doesn't have a screen and the mini car one packed up years ago, so I would have been in trouble!! Phew!!! 👌👌

Just re-connected battery and it's back working fine thanks very much!! I thought I would have to re-install the original radio-cassette player, which doesn't have a screen and the mini car one packed up years ago, so I would have been in trouble!! Phew!!! 👌👌
Thats Great man.! Good news

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...