Problems with an old Audiopipe, did I the box wrong?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Oraclem19

Senior VIP Member
Went for a SQ build for once in a good long while, and I believe something may be wrong with the build.

-Working on about 3 cubes

-TXX 12BF sub

- Good wood glue and caulk around all edges

- double front baffle

- silicone bead around sub (dried and then squished via mounting to avoid fumes)

I have had louder output from 2 10" pioneer champs in a 2 cube sealed box @ 600-400 watts than this box. I must have done something wrong. Only difference I could see causing a problem is I did do inverse mount temporarily to avoid terminals/bolt method for now, and so I wouldn't need to cut wire until I decide the final mounting position and orientation.

Come to think of it there is a 20' coil of 10 gauge before the sub. Would that cause THAT much impedance to cause problems? No TrueRMS meter yet, only an ac/ ammeter clamp and VMM. So could not measure output if I wanted to.

Any other problems you guys could think of? This sub was playing louder than this in a 1 cube box, however I didn't like the tune of it and wanted to hit some more lows, seemed to top SPL at around 50 hz instead of my ideal 45 MAX down to 40 38hz.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.