problem with tweeter

Participant count
  • Participant list

Tedro

Banned
Here
Ive got some audiobahn ABC's that i just got a couple weeks ago and I have not had any problems with them before and they really sound good to me. I like the tweeter, It is not to harsh and is clean so i have not had a grip with them untill now. most of what i listen to sounds great but when i listen to some new music, like today i put in a mudvayne CD and the tweeter made me feal like my ears where bleeding. they where killing me, I could not turn my radio up very loud at all. What i would like to know is how to adjust the tweeter that that it is not to loud. Witch seems kinda hard because i dont want to mess up the balance of the set. I thought about putting a resister inline with the tweeter but I did not know if that would change the independence of the set at all or even a pot. would be even better so that i could adjust them to my likings. I need to find out a way to lower the atention level of the tweeter. Has anybody ran into this problem before and what did you do the fix it. I could most likley do more research on the subject and find the answer for my self but im too lazy. what do you think i should do.

Discuss...

Cliff notes:

Got some ABC's from audiobahn

Sounds good to me(me likey)

tweeter sounds good most of the time, but to harsh sometimes

need to adjust the level of the tweeter

too lazy

net profit?

++

Ran into this a few times.

A small resistor would be an option, however, I have had a good deal of sucess by simply placing grille cloth over the entire tweeter. It will allow sound to pass though, yet offer just enough dampening to take the shrill edge off your highs.

take it easy,

-zane

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.