Problem with my Head Unit - wont turn on!

Participant count
  • Participant list

badazzDD
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Texas
Hey guys.. I have a problem with my Pioneer DEH-P550MP cd player that I hope you can help me with. The cd player will not turn on when wired up, unless I wire the yellow igniton wire and the red power wire together in the same connection. However, this causes the cd player to have no memory and I must reset everything every time I turn off the car. Anyone know why this might be?? It's really annoying having to reset all settings four or five times a day.

Adam

You hooked it up wrong.Which wire has to be connected to the other.

Red to yellow or Yellow to red
Get a voltohmmeter and check if theres any power through each of the power wires, if there isn't, thats your problem, if there is its the HU. Also when checking the actual +12v wire that will only work when the car is on, but the memory should be on all the time.

your fuse is blown. this happened to me as well. replace the blown fuse and it will work fine correctly wired.

have a nice day.

you should also notice that some other electronic items in your car have most likely gone haywire. (dome lights\odometer ect) this will fix them as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.