problem w/ Hifonics 1210D

miyagi
10+ year member

just got this amp in today brand new from sicaudio and was pretty hyped

hooked it all up and went to try it out...nothing from the sub

i'm using 4ga power & ground wire, rca's and remote wire are all hooked up properly, sub is wired in parallel for a 1ohm load, green power light is lit up on the amp but the protect light is not...and i even tried hooking up an old sub but still nothing

turn on sub from head unit if applicable

double check gound , rca, trigger , power at both ends

check speaker leads, and wiring on voice coils

just hooked up my old amp and sub and they both worked fine. only wires i touched were those connected to the 1210d (old sub didn't work w/ 1210d either)

Make sure, I know it's a dumb thing to say and you likely know what you are doing, BUT just in case, some amps speaker terminals are +-+- some are +--+ and some are ++-- be sure you got the right wires in the right holes....

yeah the terminalls are --++ and i have the sub wired as per the amp manual.

I was acutally able to get output from the sub...only problem is that i had to turn the gain almost all the way up, i'd say the gain is probably 80-90%

i looked @ the manual for my h/u and I believe it's output voltage is like 2.5v does that sound right? if so could that be the reason why the gain has to be set so high to get sound from the sub?

i'm just worried because the amp supposedly puts out 1200w @ 1ohm and the sub is rated @ 750w rms so i'm scared of blowing it..however the sub doesn't clip

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.