Prevention of theft...

those hu with the codes are a waste of money becaues the person steeling your hu doesent know it wont work without the code and he"ll just resale it to someone who doesent know any better or trow it away your still out of a hu save your money. is there any indash cd/dvd player that has a detachable face if not i wont buy

You can disable the code on a kenwood. You need to know the specific button combination on the remote to press to reset it back to factory. Kenwood authorized reps charge about 40-60 dollars to reset it plus shipping.

there are also a couple of headunits ive seen out there where you swipe like a credit card that comes with the deck to engage a theft lock u dont have to swipe it every time you turn it on, i think you swipe it when u want to activate it and have to swipe it again to deactivate.

I drive a jeep wrangler so i know a lil about theft deterence, what i do to keep my HU from being stolen is first take my faceplate everywhere, second there is a steel braided cable hooked to the back of my HU and bolted to my firewall, 3rd always leave your glove compartment unlocked, because if the face is missing and they want the HU the first place they look is the glove compartment and if its locked it takes about 3 seconds for them to fix that with a prybar and cause u 300 dollars easily in factory replacement dash parts, even more expensive for cars with airbags

yeah...the headunits with the key cards are the higher end Blaupunkt's. It don't matter anymore for me though. Some ******* rear ended me and just about destroyed my entire install. No equip damage though. Hey...anybody out there got a CRX for sale?

actually taylor, you can get quite a bit for newer factory CD players. Hell, the one for my friends jeep sells on ebay used for over 200.00. I hard They actually make alarms out there where they install a small metal plate unser the door handle so if someone trys to open your door they get a hell of a shock.

yea they make alarms that shock people, they also make a club like thing that goes on your steering wheel, when the person tries to remove the club they get a shock equal to that of a taser gun. hehehehe

"who cares about detachable faceplates theres some on ebay for the ppls that stoled ur and wanna sell them so what the **** about the best security is a detachable face plate **** thats stupid ppls"

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: blah blah blah

Me fail english, thats unpossible.....

I like this shocking idea. The link posted takes me somewhere else.
Any other link for this shocking thing?

I think its a good idea cause they can't sue if their not "damaged"

do us all a favor and never post again..thank you:)

I know a guy who put a bunch of razorblades all around and in back of his headunit when he installed it, so the thief is gonna get an unpleasant surprise,ouch.
been there... done that...

and let me tell you I was in for an unpleasant surprise when I got in my car to goto work with not only glass all over my seat but blood to.. lmao...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Tek

10+ year member
Tek
Palatine, IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from