Premier 880 & iPod (scrolling question)

Participant count
  • Participant list

aphex
10+ year member

i recently replaced my 4gb nano with a 40gb 4th gen model... Unfortunately, i never realized the limitations of having such a large collection...

Is there anyway to hold down a button to scroll through the music quicker? It takes a VERY long time to navigate through 4000 songs, especially when you have to press down on EACH artist.

Thats exactly why I haven't bought into the whole portable mp3 player craze.

To answer your question I don't know if there is a way. I have a friend that has an Ipod (2gb nano) connected an 860 and it navigates very fast. I guess the 40 gig version is the same but with that much more music files to to go through it will just take that much longer I'm afraid. Outside of having a keyboard to navigate through them I don't know what else could make it easier.

You could always hook it up analog and use the ipod's operating system to go through the music.

Thats exactly why I haven't bought into the whole portable mp3 player craze.
To answer your question I don't know if there is a way. I have a friend that has an Ipod (2gb nano) connected an 860 and it navigates very fast. I guess the 40 gig version is the same but with that much more music files to to go through it will just take that much longer I'm afraid. Outside of having a keyboard to navigate through them I don't know what else could make it easier.

You could always hook it up analog and use the ipod's operating system to go through the music.
Well thats the whole reason i went aftermarket in the first place, so i didnt have to use the iPod itself to navigate //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I wonder though, since the remote control is the "easiest" means of navigation, i assume when you hold down a button, it only outputs a single IR signal, which explains why i have to keep pressing down to navigate.

I may try using a learning remote (granted, it will be HUGE in comparison), but i could probably get it to continuously repeat the command to scroll through the songs. Think it may work?

Also, what about other Pioneer/Premier recievers. Do they have this limitation of not being able to hold down the button to scroll?

I may try using a learning remote (granted, it will be HUGE in comparison), but i could probably get it to continuously repeat the command to scroll through the songs. Think it may work?
Also, what about other Pioneer/Premier recievers. Do they have this limitation of not being able to hold down the button to scroll?
I can't say about the remote idea as I've never tried anything like that before. The extent of my listening to mp3s is burned on a CD.

Also, I'm sure all the Pioneer models have this limitation as the 880 is in the NEWEST product line. So I don't think the older ones are any faster. I would bet they're about the same.

the 880 is faster than the 860, and instead of hitting down, turn the scroll wheel like the ipods, yea it's not as fast as an ipod, but i've got 11,000 songs on my 60gig and i can handle getting to the middle of the list, just remember to start from the bottom if you wanna look up someone after the letter M or so

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.