Preamp outputs

• Thread starter <lax36>
  • Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 2K
Originally posted by :What exactly is the preamp output used for? Would it be worth the extra 30 dollars to get a 5volt preamp instead of a 2volt? Thanks for the suggestions.
preamp outputs let you run an rca from the deck to the amp to send the audio signal they are almost definately needed.

And yes it is worth it to get the 5 volt out because the higher the voltage the cleaner the signal sent to the amps and therefore the cleaner your music.

Hello,

It's definitely worth it for $30 bucks because not only will you get a cleaner signal transfer, but 4v preouts and above are pretty much standard these days for quality head units. When you use good RCA signal cables, you will notice a big improvement in sound quality and clarity over all sound volumes.

Definitely concurr w/jaminlogic re:th rca cables-if ur creative, u can make ur own using 2different diameter coax cables-they'll outperform anything u can buy, and u'll save$$$. If ur considering Monster Cables, I think they're overrated junk. Try not to laugh, but the thick 12 foot Radio Shack cables sound pretty decent compared to some others. As for the 2v vs 5v pre-amp outputs, with all due respect, I disagree regarding the signal clarity-the main advantage is better resistance to EMI noise, which can usually be tamed anyway. Go with the better sounding pre-amp whether its 2v or 5v. If its a toss-up, then yeah, go with th 5. Just remember, the standard used to be 1/2 a volt pre-amp output, and some of those units(alpine 7123) sounded better than anything today!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.