Pre-Fab Box - Not Making Any Bass?

Participant count
  • Participant list

gtristan18

So I recently just bought my seconds Pioneer TS-w3003d4 12" subwoofer.

So I bought a dual 12" vented subwoofer box.

When I got my first subwoofer I bought this box and just blocked off the other side from the port with some pool noodle. And the box made good bass, it was hitting pretty good.

Then I get my other subwoofer last night and put it in and it literally does not make any bass at all, as well as basically no air coming out of the port, it's like it's all trapped inside.

Any ideas on anything I could do to the box to fix it?

The Box - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IFEG5ZC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_ADHgxb6650ZJR

The Subwoofer -http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Subwoofers/Champion+Series+PRO/TS-W3003D4

Wired out of phase is my guess
I hope that's all that is wrong. Like I told Anthony, I'm gonna check it after school and come back and give my results. Thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Check your wiring inside the box. Sounds like they are out of phase
Wired out of phase is my guess

Thanks, both of you. Turns out me being in a hurry last night, caused me to solder my positive wire to the negative post of my cup terminals and vice versa with the negative wire.

All is well now though, thanks again.

Thanks, both of you. Turns out me being in a hurry last night, caused me to solder my positive wire to the negative post of my cup terminals and vice versa with the negative wire.
All is well now though, thanks again.
That'll do it! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Bass on.

So I recently just bought my seconds Pioneer TS-w3003d4 12" subwoofer.
I've got the same subs, except I have mine in a down firing sealed enclosure with 1.5 cu ft of air space apiece.

What amp and ohm you running em?

Did you tin the wire ends you put in the subs push connector? I've read a few places they tend to cut the wire.

How are ya liking it so far?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I've got the same subs, except I have mine in a down firing sealed enclosure with 1.5 cu ft of air space apiece.
What amp and ohm you running em?

Did you tin the wire ends you put in the subs push connector? I've read a few places they tend to cut the wire.

How are ya liking it so far?

I currently have some crappy 1200 boss audio amp and the subs wired down to 2 ohms.

I'm about to purchase the pioneer gm-d8601 amplifier.

I don't tin my wire, but I use 12 gauge copper speaker wire and don't seem to have any issues with it cutting the wire. But then again I'm not pudding any decent power in them yet, so I guess time will tell.

But other than that I love these subs. They've done me great even on this boss amp.

I currently have some crappy 1200 boss audio amp and the subs wired down to 2 ohms.
I'm about to purchase the pioneer gm-d8601 amplifier.

I don't tin my wire, but I use 12 gauge copper speaker wire and don't seem to have any issues with it cutting the wire. But then again I'm not pudding any decent power in them yet, so I guess time will tell.

But other than that I love these subs. They've done me great even on this boss amp.
I had mine on a massive audio n3 taking all it would give them and they were asking for more. 1400 rms wasn't quite enough, hopefully soon I'll get to try a 2000 rms amp @4 ohms and see how they like that one. Once I find the limit of the subs I can back down off of the gain. 2000 watts max per sub seems like alot for only 600 watts rms.

I had mine on a massive audio n3 taking all it would give them and they were asking for more. 1400 rms wasn't quite enough, hopefully soon I'll get to try a 2000 rms amp @4 ohms and see how they like that one. Once I find the limit of the subs I can back down off of the gain. 2000 watts max per sub seems like alot for only 600 watts rms.

Recommended power for those are 300-600watts... There an $89 woofer... If you put a true 2000watts clamped they would die fast. Lol

Recommended power for those are 300-600watts... There an $89 woofer... If you put a true 2000watts clamped they would die fast. Lol
Either way, 2 of them will be able to withstand a 2000watt rms amp with the gain turned all the way down or I'll get to buy some subs that can handle that kind of power. I don't plan on pushing the amp to its rating, just to the subs rating. I've also got a dsp where I can further turn the gain down if need be.

I do wish I had access to a dc clamp tho.

Well pioneer sells them for around $180 on their site but you can get them off of Amazon for $89. But none the less I will probably only run 500 rms until I decide to upgrade my system to something better like sundown.

Either way, 2 of them will be able to withstand a 2000watt rms amp with the gain turned all the way down or I'll get to buy some subs that can handle that kind of power. I don't plan on pushing the amp to its rating, just to the subs rating. I've also got a dsp where I can further turn the gain down if need be.
I do wish I had access to a dc clamp tho.

so you buy a 2000 rms amp and only plan on using 1200 rms. You ever think about what impedance rise would do to your actual real world output? At 42hz test tone wired to 0.5 ohms i'm rising to 3.25 ohms getting only 3655 rms out of my Ampere TFE 8.0

amp is rated at 8000 rms at 1 ohm. 4000 rms at 2 ohm. What you are wired to is different from what you actually see. You most likely arent even seeing 200 watts clamped per sub wired to 4 ohms since you will be seeing more like 8 ohms range per sub.

so you buy a 2000 rms amp and only plan on using 1200 rms. You ever think about what impedance rise would do to your actual real world output? At 42hz test tone wired to 0.5 ohms i'm rising to 3.25 ohms getting only 3655 rms out of my Ampere TFE 8.0
amp is rated at 8000 rms at 1 ohm. 4000 rms at 2 ohm. What you are wired to is different from what you actually see. You most likely arent even seeing 200 watts clamped per sub wired to 4 ohms since you will be seeing more like 8 ohms range per sub.
Basically... At this point it probably seems wasteful, but it'll give me plenty of room to grow. But if I'm understanding what you're saying.... Wired to 4 ohms, is that subwoofer neutral position? Amp in question is a us amps ax2000. Really it's a 2 channel amp that can be bridged. Let's just say per sub, that's still like saying 1000 watts rms x 2 @ 2 ohms (if I find some old school pioneer premier 12's they will complement this amp perfectly). So a 42hz tone would be something like the amp seeing 6 ohms? Do the ohms rise and fall with the frequency or opposite? These questions could apply to the OP as well, but I'd love some insight as well here. OP, would you prefer we make a separate post?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.