powering 4 250w 4ohm speakers with one amp?

jackclove
10+ year member

In need of a amp for my boat to power 4 tower speakers at 250wrms. something that can be ran hard and long with out over heating. I live in AZ so the summers get pretty hott. I'm only running one pair now but I want the headroom for a second pair.

That sundown looks huge! how big is it? I can't seem to find dimensions. I might not have the room for it. Also what does it do bridged at 2ohm. I'm guessing that's how your suggesting I run it?

alright found my answers. dimensions are 30.75 x 9 x 2 and output is 800x2 at 2ohms bridged. This would definitely do the job but is too big. Also running 2ohms bridged seems like it would get real hot? I'm going to double check if I have room when I get home but I don't think I do.

50 watts will not be discernible to the ear. That would be .6 db increase for 50 watts. 1 db or less is considered inaudible. Also the sundown will do over the rated rms. So it would not be a true 50 watt difference in what you want. Not trying to sell you on one. I can care less. Just referring back to the original concern of high heat environment. I don't know any others that run as cool.

I saw that Zed audio amp. It's a beauty. Just may have to wait for it. Also the sundown is to big it won't fit where I want to put it. It ***** there not going to make the Kronos anymore though

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.