Powerbass subs? Decisions decisions

Participant count
  • Participants list

Sleeklsc
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
I'd like opinions from those of you that have ran them before. I'm sick of reading all the horribly written and obnoxious "reviews" .

Just a good budget sub? I've been going back n forth between what setup I want to go with. 3 10's, 3 12's or 2 15's.

Then I have to figure out if I should use the S or L series. I'd consider the m series but they require big boxes. I would do 3 10's in the S or L series, 3 12's in the S's or 2 15's in the L's,.

The 10" setup's would be blowing up into my rear deck hole. The 12's setup would be firing towards the trunk and the 15" L's would be firing through the rear deck hole.

And if you couldn't figure it out....I'm really fucking indicisive.

The rockford punch series are good budget subs in the price range I am guessing you are looking at. As you know almost any sub can be at the least decent in the right box.

The rockford punch series are good budget subs in the price range I am guessing you are looking at. As you know almost any sub can be at the least decent in the right box.
Rockford's lower lines have miniscule motor structures and just look wayyy to cheap.

I realize i'm getting a totally budget substage but I don't want to go that low. Pb seems to be the best budget stuff in my range.

3 10" s series 150~

3 10" L series 240~

3 12" s series 150~

2 15" L series 250~

Prices are from various places where I found the best deal's. Prices are shipped.

The 3 10" and 2 15" L's will run about the same. The 2 S series combo's are equal in price aswell.

Product line.....s....m....l.....xl...xxl....xxxl

Powerbass is a great budget sub, i have them in my sister-in-laws car and my wifes. each with a single 12", sound good off of just 300 watts. btw they are just the S series.

Thank's guy's. I'd love to spend more like when I was younger, but just can't wrap my head around spending 400+ on a substage anymore..Reguardless of getting a fat check from uncle sam yesterday. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'm really leaning towards the 2 15" L's though. Big motor structure, rms matches up well w/ amp, xmax is acceptable and the box requirement's fits my appication. Nothing else new is appealing to me in that price range.

We'll see.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.