Power wire touches ground a few times

I have a kenwood kac m3004 and when I was trying to adjust some wires my power and ground kept rouching because of a stray wire now only one rca plays. I took it part and found a blown 22uf capcitor also
Awesome. This is why you should always disconnect your battery before working with electrical components, especially expensive car related components.

Edit: Why do you have stray wires? Maybe I'm OCD but my wires are clean as hell and heatshrunk to avoid anything like this from happening.

well, you are doing the right thing by getting help.

you don't want this to happen again right? go recheck every single point of connection/termination of your wiring. fix it now, so you dont have a fire later - that's my advice

you'll have to buy a new amp, no one will repair them if they're less than $100. not worth it imo

and in reference to fiverman below me, generally its not that easy. OP can fix one cap if he wants but i doubt itll fix his issue. it's a $100 amp and one capacitor isnt usually the only problem

for the hell of it OP, post pics of the amp guts

I just wanted to know could that be the culprit? How would I go I about testing the ics of the circuit?
Yes, that's obviously what broke your amp. If you can repair it, go for it, but I'd say the amp is not a paper weight. Judging by you questioning if that's what popped your amp, I don't think you can repair it.

A fuse or breaker used?
That wouldn't have blown/tripped fast enough to protect anything in this situation

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.