Power Upgrade?

Sythlord79
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
DFW, TX
I was looking to add a 1000/1 and 13w7 to my vehicle. I know about how much that'll cost me. But Im curious to know what other upgrades I need to be able to power the Amp for a daily. I already have components and a 300/2 amp installed.

Im a noob so I wont be installing myself. I dont know much about power supplies for bigger Amplifiers. Battery? Alternator? Cap?..... Ive never purchased these things so if anyone knows where I can get them, I'd appreciate the help. I really want JL's so Im trying to save money where I can. thanks.

1) dont get a cap 2) since you arent doing this yourself, and you may not know how, ask the shop you take it to, if they will do the big 3 for you > http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152355 and 3) i would upgrade your battery. get a nice battey such as optima or kinetic and you will be fine.
ok. how much would BIG 3 and a battery cost me? can I order these online somewhere? I just wanna get an idea of how much I need to save up.

not sure, I have a stock alternator on an 06 dodge ram. Would I need to upgrade that also? how much would that cost and where can I get it?

What size alt do you have? Don't plan on running 1K w rms off of a 100amp alt.
i'm running 800 watts rms off a stock 100 amp alt and battery and my voltage never drops more than .3 volts even at full volume. so he'll most likely be fine. i also have three 1 farad caps though.

What size alt do you have? Don't plan on running 1K w rms off of a 100amp alt.
I Don't think that'd be bad. I got 1500RMS with the big three done in 4 gauge and a 800CCa wet cell and a 140amp. I drop .4 at full volume.....I think he'd be fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.