Power question

so basically is 600 watts to 1000 watts even worth getting a new amp?
The short answer is no, if you just want more output. It depends on if your current amp is actually making 600W and if you have done the work needed to optimize your power and grounds.

The short answer is no, if you just want more output. It depends on if your current amp is actually making 600W and if you have done the work needed to optimize your power and grounds.
went ahead in did it, and got way louder, more then twice, maby my sub just needed to get moving

On paper, going from 600 watts to 1000 watts can yield up to a 2.2 db increase, definitely noticeable to the ear, but as Trumpet pointed out, there's several variables here that may make the actual increase a bit less...

On paper, going from 600 watts to 1000 watts can yield up to a 2.2 db increase, definitely noticeable to the ear, but as Trumpet pointed out, there's several variables here that may make the actual increase a bit less...
Thanks for the reply, yeah I think I got lucky cus its so much louder now but I can't tell the differancs from 900 to 1100 so I left it at 900 and its great

Thanks for the reply, yeah I think I got lucky cus its so much louder now but I can't tell the differancs from 900 to 1100 so I left it at 900 and its great
That's probably because at 900W you've probably reached the limits of the sub and putting more power to it is just creating heat and not actually providing any benefit to the sub. The SA Series I believe is rated at 600W, but we all know sundown stuff is underrated so 900-1000W in a proper enclosure is probably the sweet spot for that sub. Anything more and your probably just asking for trouble haha.

900 watts to 1100 watts is a 0.872 db gain on paper, which is too small to discern by ear.

More than likely you are reaching the limits of the woofer as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.