Power Distribution

Participant count
  • Participant list

HectorZ
10+ year member

I have two JL 2x150, and one JL 1x500 watt amps...

How should I distribute the power to these ?

how many ampers do these draw and how should I power them.

how large should each fuse be, and, should I have a ciruit breaker before power distribution ?

also, what wire size recommendation for a seven foot run ?

all good questions.

you most likely want a distro with one 4 gauge input and 3-4 8gauge outputs. maybe to be in the safe side you could run 2 gauge input, but i think 4 gauge for the input should be enough, by this i mean 4 gauge from teh battery to the distro block (remember to fuse this power wire as close to the battery as you can). then from there you get 3 8gauges n connect to each amp.

the size of the fuse would depend on the total fuse that your amps use. if your 1x500 uses a 3x20amps = 60 amps, use a 60 amp fuse, never go bigger cuz it aint good. either get a 60 or a 50amp.

then for the remote wire(this is the remote wire from ur hu to the amps that turns amps just when you turn the hu on) you might be able to connect one remote to one amp, n connect to antoher amp from there. not sure bout this someone else might help u with this.

ok let me repeat my setup...

two JL 2x150 watt amps... and one JL 1x500 watt amp.

Total of 1100 amps.

I'm thinking of a 120 amp ANL close to the battery.... and then two 50 amp fuses close to the 2x150's and one 60 AMP close to the 1x500.

I will run 4 guage to a distro block and 8 guage power/ground to the amps.

please assist.

i serously doubt those amps will draw 1100ampers.....if so you'd need like 5 200a alts or more to handle it.....now if u mean watts......thats diff....but do as matador has said.....he answered your questions quite well.....as for the circuit breaker.....either that or a fuse.....ive been told circuit breakers take longer to blow but it all depends on your pref.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.