power cable??

Participant count
  • Participant list
yes, see... im fixing for a system in my truck for now.. i got a deal from my big bro and it included his rf power wire for the amp... and i kind of was wanting to keep it in case i got an suv

Originally posted by realitybasher yes, see... im fixing for a system in my truck for now.. i got a deal from my big bro and it included his rf power wire for the amp... and i kind of was wanting to keep it in case i got an suv
Depending on the current being drawn from the amplifier, you will have a voltage drop with a longer power wire...so basically, the shorter the power wire, the better...

What gauge is the wire, what amp is it for, and approximately how long is the wire?

Originally posted by realitybasher it is 4 gauge and im guessing maybe 10 ft. im still working on getting the amp.. sometime in july .. probly go with rf
If the wire is only 10 ft. long than it should be fine...unless its a monsterous amp that pulls lotsa current...

no its not gonna b too big i have two 12" mtx's i dunno what size it'll b but not monstrous.. so it won't mess up the signal tho?? just the power if anything at all

Originally posted by realitybasher no its not gonna b too big i have two 12" mtx's i dunno what size it'll b but not monstrous.. so it won't mess up the signal tho?? just the power if anything at all
If it's only 10 ft. it won't affect anything...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.