Power and sound quality?

Wtf do you think you hear? I’m done arguing with you. It’s pointless. Neither of us will give. The difference is I accomplish things now.
AMAZING HOW YOU TWO DIPSHITS HAVE HIJACKED THE THREAD...

Has anyone helped the guy with the original question yet? Because I'm in the same boat as he is. Trying to figure out the difference between clean power to my speakers and subs versus overpriced power to my speakers and subs. I was following through the compression of music part, and figured that decompressed sounds required more care, but what do decompressed signals have to do with whether to buy a decent amp with good RMS power and an OP amp? And what about signals in the sub range between 40-180? Does compression matter there?

Has anyone helped the guy with the original question yet? Because I'm in the same boat as he is. Trying to figure out the difference between clean power to my speakers and subs versus overpriced power to my speakers and subs. I was following through the compression of music part, and figured that decompressed sounds required more care, but what do decompressed signals have to do with whether to buy a decent amp with good RMS power and an OP amp? And what about signals in the sub range between 40-180? Does compression matter there?
Sorry. Compression happens well past the human ears ability to hear it. Sometimes a full octave higher.

Sub bass is 20hz to 100ish. The latter is debatable. Typically wherever your midbass picks up. Some like 65hz some that can tune go 100-120hz.

Hey, dipshit... are you new here? Every thread gets derailed one way or another. Especially by the know-it-alls. You don't feel as though Good power or clean opamps have any part to play in the decompression of music? Sounds like you need to read some good online articles. You want me to find one for you or do you know how to leave here and go use Google?

Sorry. Compression happens well past the human ears ability to hear it. Sometimes a full octave higher. Sub bass is 20hz to 100ish. The latter is debatable. Typically wherever your midbass picks up. Some like 65hz some that can tune go 100-120hz.
He calls you a dipshit for adding additional content and you still attempt to help him, lol. You're not just my bitch, now you're his as well.

Hey, dipshit... are you new here? Every thread gets derailed one way or another. Especially by the know-it-alls. You don't feel as though Good power or clean opamps have any part to play in the decompression of music? Sounds like you need to read some good online articles. You want me to find one for you or do you know how to leave here and go use Google?
A know it all calling someone a know it all. Classic. What have you done this decade?

Yes, *******, I am still rather new, although I've been here for a few inactive years. And I am amazed that instead of helping us new ***** with your obvously uber amazing knowledge, you'd rather bicker like a little *****. So....

As long as I get clean power to my speakers, I watch for signs of distortion, and I'm not digitally analyzing the output, does the other crap matter? I'm sure the thread starter will appreciate your input, as would I.

A know it all calling someone a know it all. Classic. What have you done this decade?
It was plural, I included US.
I replaced an engine in my friends car. I put a new roof on my house. I finished two rooms in my basement. I loaned $6000 to a friend in need. I donated a subwoofer, amplifier, and some front speakers to a member on this forum. I took my lady on two holidays every year. I built her some birdhouses. I bought a Vincent SP-331 in silver and tracked down the elusive Grant Fidelity tube DAC-11. I continually make speakers of all varieties for the home environment. I lead a Service Department of 25 people at a medical company which is monitored and audited by the FDA. I could go on but what's the point. If I don't have a trophy in my hand for a SQ comp I'm nobody to you. And so naturally I cannot offer any advice on the topic as I have no "real experience".

Sadly, you don't get trophies for doing these sorts of real life things. The work is the reward. But you have to get out of your car to do them.

Yes, *******, I am still rather new, although I've been here for a few inactive years. And I am amazed that instead of helping us new ***** with your obvously uber amazing knowledge, you'd rather bicker like a little *****. So....
As long as I get clean power to my speakers, I watch for signs of distortion, and I'm not digitally analyzing the output, does the other crap matter? I'm sure the thread starter will appreciate your input, as would I.
See, but I was addressing him directly for the bullshit that he pulls constantly, for which you have fallen victim. Do yourself a favor and don't let him influence in you in any way. Read, practice and decide for yourself.
And if you don't like what's being laid down in a thread because you're really trying to learn something, you should probably reconsider the site you have chosen for that purpose. There are far better places to get good working knowledge of sound priciples.

There is a man I suggest you research. His name is Gary Summers. He won the title in California a few years.

Gary was the audio guy for a few block buster movie franchises. Meaning he has a rather large wallet. Do you know what amps he uses?

Basic ol Alpine PDXs.

Somebody that has a job of mastering audio for Star Wars might have a pretty good ear. I would think.

There is a man I suggest you research. His name is Gary Summers. He won the title in California a few years. Gary was the audio guy for a few block buster movie franchises. Meaning he has a rather large wallet. Do you know what amps he uses?

Basic ol Alpine PDXs.

Somebody that has a job of mastering audio for Star Wars might have a pretty good ear. I would think.
Do you wish Gary Summers was your dad so you could give him a big hug?

Excuse me sir. Do you no tha way?

Just for shits, I'm gonna throw another variable to argue:

For those of us that indeed don't really have the ear of the gods, is there a discernible difference between class d 4-channel amp and the stereotypical class a/b? Is there there a decent class d 4 channel amp that can do what an a/b can? Does the same argument from above in regards to amplifying signal apply here?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.