Power and sound quality?

Amps should not color sound. Speakers and the car do. Most can’t hear a difference.

The ones that say they can make up words to describe what they hear. Words that have no meaning.

Get quality. Be happy.
Literally everything in the audio chain from start to finish colors or distorts the sound in one way or another, no matter how small the effect. Even the cleanest, clearest piece of glass reduces light and clarity by an amount that some may not notice but that can be measured. Now stack more and more of the pieces of glass on top of each other. One of them is the amp and it colored the sound. Doesn't mean it wasn't a quality amp. In fact, some of those most talked about trophies were had at the hand of amps that colored the sound heavily. The name Milbert mean anything to you?
All amps do not sound the same, all head units do not sound the same, all cables do not sound the same (they actually have tests now that reveal why), all opamps do not sound the same, all capacitors do not sound the same, all circuit topologies do not sound the same. But sure enough, people like you who can't hear the differences swear there arent any and come into places like this attempting to force that limitation onto others instead of attempting to teach them that things do sound different and there is a good way to match components in a complimentary fashion.

I have a challenge for you - when you get to know the sound of your new amps and you're satisfied that they're quality (yet sound the same as the amps they replaced because they were quality too and all amps sound the same, thereby making your purchase pointless), upgrade the opamps to some Burson discrete components and swap some stock caps to Black Gates in the signal path. You will hear a difference, I guarantee it. You'd never admit it but that's okay, I'd know you did. But it would probably measure the same before and after the swap. Huh... I wonder how that could be.

Literally everything in the audio chain from start to finish colors or distorts the sound in one way or another, no matter how small the effect. Even the cleanest, clearest piece of glass reduces light and clarity by an amount that some may not notice but that can be measured. Now stack more and more of the pieces of glass on top of each other. One of them is the amp and it colored the sound. Doesn't mean it wasn't a quality amp. In fact, some of those most talked about trophies were had at the hand of amps that colored the sound heavily. The name Milbert mean anything to you?
All amps do not sound the same, all head units do not sound the same, all cables do not sound the same (they actually have tests now that reveal why), all opamps do not sound the same, all capacitors do not sound the same, all circuit topologies do not sound the same. But sure enough, people like you who can't hear the differences swear there arent any and come into places like this attempting to force that limitation onto others instead of attempting to teach them that things do sound different and there is a good way to match components in a complimentary fashion.

I have a challenge for you - when you get to know the sound of your new amps and you're satisfied that they're quality (yet sound the same as the amps they replaced because they were quality too and all amps sound the same, thereby making your purchase pointless), upgrade the opamps to some Burson discrete components and swap some stock caps to Black Gates in the signal path. You will hear a difference, I guarantee it. You'd never admit it but that's okay, I'd know you did. But it would probably measure the same before and after the swap. Huh... I wonder how that could be.
Luckily people with your train of thought are a dying breed.

I’m glad I’m not like that anymore.

Depends on how the amp is used. I personally only use 2ch amps with WAY too much headroom and for me; it is the way to go but most people do not have that much space to sacrifice tho.

Burson ftw!!

ANkfFXV.jpg

Depends on how the amp is used. I personally only use 2ch amps with WAY too much headroom and for me; it is the way to go but most people do not have that much space to sacrifice tho.
Burson ftw!!

ANkfFXV.jpg
He talks a big game but every time there is a blind test nobody wins. He wouldn’t either.

Burson ftw!!

ANkfFXV.jpg
Love it. Looks like you have the Classics, or is that the Vivid?
Doesn't matter, I guess there's no difference to be heard.

He talks a big game but every time there is a blind test nobody wins. He wouldn’t either.
Let me and marc2112 know when you get the balls enough to swallow your pride and take advice from this dying breed. Try the opamps, you will be glad you did. You might learn a thing or two if you could just get past that ego of yours and shut your mouth trying to "help" people.

Let me and marc2112 know when you get the balls enough to swallow your pride and take advice from this dying breed. Try the opamps, you will be glad you did. You might learn a thing or two if you could just get past that ego of yours and shut your mouth trying to "help" people.
I’m going to kill this once and for all.

What colors the sound.. axis, rattles, road noise, resonance.

Now tell me which amp will magically fix those...

now STFU and sit down.

I’m going to kill this once and for all. What colors the sound.. axis, rattles, road noise, resonance.

Now tell me which amp will magically fix those...

now STFU and sit down.
Sorry dude, it doesn't work that way. I know in your car it does, but you simply can't decide things for the rest of us. And you certainly can't kill a topic simply because you say it's over.
Anyway, off-axis response doesn't color sound, that describes the propogation of the waveforms from the driver membranes. Keep talking clown, lol. I laugh at the shit you post.

Sorry dude, it doesn't work that way. I know in your car it does, but you simply can't decide things for the rest of us. And you certainly can't kill a topic simply because you say it's over.
Anyway, off-axis response doesn't color sound, that describes the propogation of the waveforms from the driver membranes. Keep talking clown, lol. I laugh at the shit you post.
Axis changes response. Different response colors sound. Keep laughing.

To many studies prove you are a typical audiofool.

Oh... I'm sorry I thoght you killed this topic. I wasn't expecting to come back to another post from you.

But there you go, stuck in the frequency domain. Frequency response rules your life, it's hilarious!

Oh... I'm sorry I thoght you killed this topic. I wasn't expecting to come back to another post from you.
But there you go, stuck in the frequency domain. Frequency response rules your life, it's hilarious!
Wtf do you think you hear? I’m done arguing with you. It’s pointless. Neither of us will give. The difference is I accomplish things now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.