Power Acoustik EG1-2500D

@Jeffdachef you heard anything about this Power Akoustik amp? Considering it's smallness, footprint type size and cheapness and size of power/ground wire it takes, doubtful the ratings are even close to what they claim. ---> OP read:  I made this same mistake with a 3 ch amp from Massive Audio. Really small amp, supposed to do 120x4 plus 800x1 for the sub. Yeah lesson learned, It was a joke. Got rid of it.

How many watts is that wolfram? I'm only pushing 600 watts rms total. The amp was only 100 bucks and pushes my subs perfect at 2 ohms and if I want to upgrade subs, I can get two DVC subs and push them at roughly 1100 watts a 1 ohm with this amp. I thought is was a good deal for the amp. Why does this have to be a dick measuring contest with having the most powerful stuff? I'm not looking to bother other people in thier vehicles with my music. The point of my system is so others don't bother me with theirs. 
They arent saying junk because they are trying to be mean to you. They are literally telling it as it is with no filter or sugar coat. Brands like boss, power acoustik crunch, autotek, pyle, pyramid have been proven on actual clamp tests and amplifier dynos to only do 1/10th to 1/5th of their advertised RMS power and through time and time again, they have been proven more useful as doorstops with their reliability and long term survival rates. There's a reason why it costs 100 dollars and another brand that claims the same RMS numbers costing higher, its because you actually get what you pay for.  There is no form of regulation in the car audio industry, a brand can blatantly lie out of their @ss with any power rating or spec they want and fk over any newbie to car audio they want and the newbies dont even know they are getting fked because they dont bother checking stuff like amplifier dyno videos which involve thousands of dollars of amplifier testing equipment and power banks, basically a full blown test bench that gets precise power readings from any amplifier you can think of.

Again, its not really a dick measuring contest, its just them steering you into the right path, the way they did it was a lil rough tho. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.