Power Acoustic: Good or Bad?

It's not even budget. It's like that spectre ******** they sell at pep boys/autozone/whatever... it says it's good, and it's cheaper than reputable stuff, yet it gets outperformed by stock stuff.
I have a spectre cone air filter on my car and it does exactly what I want it to do- take up less space than my old box air filter.

I would avoid PA entirely, but I read that one line almost does rated. CEA? I don't know.

pa amps aernt so bad, they dont do rated, the a3000db board is pretty sturdy, they use that in countless amps, does around 1800-2000w or so depending on who you talk to.

edit- i guess i wouldnt say sturdy, it woouldnt beatin on it but it does some power. I have a planet audio vx2200d sittin right next to me now that is blown. Keep them cool and voltage up. I didnt pay anything for it so for 150 to get it fixed its a good 2000w

they will do rated at 16v. Not all that bad of an amp. I have yet to run it at 1 ohm however.
Most people that run 16V though are going to get better amps //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif...

but yeah, i could see 2500-3k out of it at 16v.

I have owned 2 PA amps...both took a dump. Transistors in one, RCA's in the other.

I had a FBX-15 sub a long time ago, and the leads were about half the size of leads on my Fi SSD's...so basically PA's top of the line sub is built cheaper than Fi's bottom of the line sub.

I'm done with PA, the only thing I would consider buying from them would be tweeters. They arent cheap enough to justify buying them over anytihng else.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.