Linkz
10+ year member

Low Bass Junkie
somewhere
Please see my feedback thread Here.

Pottro 563's FS thread

I purchased a 30gb brown zune from Pottro 563 on 11/17/08

I received the item apx. 3 days later.

The Item was well packaged, and contained all the promised material.

TLDR: He lied to me and wont give me my money back. He would'nt return my money, and I got it back. (reversal from bank @ 12/30/08 10am)

When I connected the zune to my PC it would only restart over and over. My computer could not recognize the device at any time. I sent A message to Pottro 563 telling him he hadn't been completely honest with me (11-22-2008, 12:21 AM). He replied that it only needed a new battery. I did some research on the zune and discovered a way to set up the zune to take new firmware (essentially a forced reset that cleared all contents and enabled it to connect to a PC for installation of new firmware.) Upon finding this out I was sufficiently satisfied that the problem was a simple one.

The only problem was that I use windows 2003 x64 edition. This OS is not compatible with the zune software. Therefore, I had to wait until I could obtain a legal copy windows xp (x86). It wasn't until 12/18 that I was able to install the zune software and attempt a driver installation. The software installed the firmware and restarted the device. After two restats the zune begane to do the same thing it had done before (resetting over and over). I called customer service only to find out that Pottro 563 (Nick Potter) had already called customer service and found out that the device was broken, and need to be sent in for repairs totaling $129.96.

I sent a message to Pottro 563 on (12-18-2008, 07:25 PM) stating that he had Scammed me (I issued an ultimatum of 5 days for refund), and that I wanted my money back. He then decided to argue with me. This went back and forth for several days. At the time I wasn't 100% sure on all the details. So, I called customer service one again to clear things up. The CS rep to confirmed that the item was seen as damaged and in need of repairs. That Pottro 563(to he Nick Potter) knew about it. This confirmed that he had lied to me. I sent him one final message:

This message was sent on: 12-19-2008, 11:49 PM

note: I was going to include a quote of your previous message but it appears that my message is 500 characters to long. Therefore, you will receive only my reply.

No, I used my own name and number. Joshua Ratliff. Case number 1084682527

After spending a great deal of time reading over everything and writing my response. I decided to call customer service once again to clear everything up and trash my old draft because of what I found out.

I made the call at about 11pm pacific. time today (12/19/08)

The rep I talked to is Sheila.

The rep I talked to previously is Kristine.

The price to repair is $129.95 (not 190 like I erroneously thought)

The case number is 1084682527 for both of us. Both of our names are under this case number. They use only one for each serial number of a device.

I asked her (Sheila) when you made your call.

she replied: November the 14th 2008.

I asked her if it was concluded that the device was defective and needed to be repaired for $129.95 when you made your call on the 14th.

She replied: yes.

So, while you may try to scare me with your legal threats, or try to say that I am playing games. It is all just lies. Because, you are in fact the one playing games. I am no fool. Your lies and twisting will not work on me. The information I present to you is true and you can even call them up and ask. But, I am quite sure you know that it was broken. Which is why you decided to sell it on here for so little. Which is also why I was so easily to talk you down to $75 shipped. Even your picture, which showed the startup screen instead of it working and playing music. You can say it worked all you want. But, there is no prof that it did. I am the one with prof that it was broken. Who are people going to believe? Microsoft customer support, or you?

I have grown weary of your circular arguing. I am tired of wasting my time on a scammer. You will pay me my money. If you do not by the 24th of December, I will make a thread on this forum calling you out as a scammer. I will present the evidence I have presented to you. I will dispute the paypal payment and use the same evidence to get my money back. You will then pay for the shipping of this broken zune back to you.

Either way, I will get my money. I now leave the choice to you. Are you going to come clean and re-pay me what is owed. Or, are you going to keep on being a liar and throw your meaningless arguments at me?

I will reply to no more of your arguments. I have stated all the facts. I have exposed all of your lies.

All that remains is your choice.

If you concede, then I will mail you everything that you sent me back, at no charge.
He has not replied to me at all since I sent this message which only proves what I am saying is true. (12/23/08)

I opened a ticket with paypal on 12/21/2008 as a: Not as described Dispute

I included a requested refund of $75.

He has not responded to this dispute. (12/23/08)

I sent him a PM informing him of the dispute. (12-21-2008, 04:36 PM)

my ultimatum has a deadline of 12/24/08 10pm Pacific

I escalated the dispute @ apx 10:10pm on the date above.

Dispute was closed. (Item was received. Buyer protection only applies to ebay.)

I am now opening a dispute with my CC company.

The charge back has been issued. (12/30/08 @ 10am pst)

I am now contacting him to send the item back.

you need to hope that he did not take the money out already. im pretty sure they cant give you back anything if he took it out.
I guess I'm ****ed then. Because he wanted the money for a game! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

you need to hope that he did not take the money out already. im pretty sure they cant give you back anything if he took it out.
doesnt matter if he has money in there or not....they should put a hold on his account, he then cant buy or sell anything and within so many days i think its supposed to go against his credit...but if you win the dispute they will put that hold on his account, therefor he cant use it OR make another account without having to pay up

I dont think that matters. They can still reverse or credit back to a buyers account and leave the seller in red(negative balance)

they done it to me, i know.

I thought if you received the item, whether it be a good zune, a broken zune, or a brick. PP will not do ****... Unless they have changed sense I was in training..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Linkz

10+ year member
Low Bass Junkie
Linkz
somewhere
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies