potentiometer

Participant count
  • Participant list

™Caveman
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
SoCal
Like to use a potentiometer to reduce the high input level coming off of a factory sub and equalize it to the high input level of the factory door speakers.

can anyone chime in on what level of a potentiometer I'll need?

I'd look for one with a very small range. It's essentially just a variable resistor so the only relative tech specs are it's range, should be close to 0 ohm at one end and full rating at the other. The smallest I see on PartsExpress is 100 ohm, so you could start there but you may still find you need very little resistance to achieve your desired output level.

They are fairly cheap, only a couple bucks each. I'd just pick up the smallest one you can find or grab a couple of various values and play around with them.

I'd look for one with a very small range. It's essentially just a variable resistor so the only relative tech specs are it's range, should be close to 0 ohm at one end and full rating at the other. The smallest I see on PartsExpress is 100 ohm, so you could start there but you may still find you need very little resistance to achieve your desired output level.
They are fairly cheap, only a couple bucks each. I'd just pick up the smallest one you can find or grab a couple of various values and play around with them.
Thank you so much man. I appreciate that. I'll pick 1 up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

™Caveman

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
™Caveman
SoCal
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date