Post processor to add bass back to factory signal?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Grendel0501

I'm adding a sub to my factory setup.

I'd LOVE to put in a real HU, but I'm pretty sure I'd lose functionality on my nav screen and the mouse built into the console. Which is no bueno.

For now I am just going to replace the factory 8in free air sub with a ID8 and amp. I assume the factory 8in sub is prefiltered and only getting a specific range of FS. I want to some how get a pure signal, unfiltered, so that the ID8 isn't limited to the FS of the factory 8in.

Are there any post processors/electronic crossovers that can restore the missing frequencies from the factory signal?

You can't add data back into the signal stream once its been removed. Before you get too concerned, find out the specs on your stock setup, it may not be a problem at all.

You can't add data back into the signal stream once its been removed. Before you get too concerned, find out the specs on your stock setup, it may not be a problem at all.
Specs? I have wattage ohm and sizes of all factory speakers. But no where do they list frequency ranges.

Honestly this car is so rare, I have a hard time finding ANY aftermarket examples on it.

A preamp cannot add the information back into the signal, it can only artificially boost specific frequencies. Big difference.

Like said above, if you cannot find specs on the filter in your stock system, using an RTA will give you some idea whats going on. But it will also include cabin gain. I think the simplest next step would be to just try the new sub with the current filter, and see how it sounds.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.