Possible sub build

Participant count
  • Participant list

brown7348
10+ year member

I have a motor and basket from a merlon audio 12, it had voice coil rub so i broke it down to take a look since it was junked, it has a 2'' voice coil, are there any drop in recone kits from say a better sub that i could drop in?

Yea seems he may not be online alot, but i know there are many things you can build with a good motor, im thinking it may be better to find a 8in basket with hopefully the same bolt pattern and build a good 8, i hear its not to hard to build one if someone that knows gives you help...

2" coils are not terribly common. GL finding parts. Rebuilding a speaker is pretty easy once you figure out the hard way what can go wrong.... it can be an expensive learning curve.

2" coils are not terribly common. GL finding parts. Rebuilding a speaker is pretty easy once you figure out the hard way what can go wrong.... it can be an expensive learning curve.
****, lets hope I figure out the easy way.

yes same here, this will be a slow process for me, im just going to make sure i get all my parts perfect fit, and not do a single thing half assed without asking questions on how to do it right... Seems to be some great help on this site that should grant me success hopefully lol...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.