Possible overheated amp question

Participant count
  • Participant list

john3387
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
well, i think this great texas weather may have ****ed up my amp. a few days ago, i poped a fuse, so i fixed it and go check the wires to may sure that wasnt the problem. i notice that the power wire was melted black and really ****ed up. i fix the wire, and now my amp will not stay on for more than a second. i just get one little push to the sub and it blows. its been a really hot summer here averaging about 100 or so the last few weeks. ived check the ground and power lines for any little thing wrong with them, and i can not find anything wrong with them, so is there any way to fix an amp that has overed heated due to extreme heat, or am i ****ed? thanks for any help!

also i have not been pushing it very hard either, i got the gain down nearly half, so it hasnt been over used, just a little fyi so you dont think im an idoit pushing it that hard when its already so ****ing hot outside

Did you run the power wire through the firewall with a grommet?

The fact that the wire got hot enough to not only blow a fuse, but melt the wire tells me you've got a short somewhere...

also i have not been pushing it very hard either, i got the gain down nearly half, so it hasnt been over used,
The position of the gain really has nothing to do by itself with how hard the sub is being driven.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.