Possible Minivan -- yes, MINIVAN install. Need help.

n2audio
5,000+ posts

OPTIDRIVEN
So I've got my old rusty faded POS Taurus SHO that I drive every day. It's reliable, but at the same time I would be surprised if the transmission took a dump at any moment. I have components, a 12", and two amps and it works perfectly for me.

My in-laws recently offered me(us) their '04 Town & Country (Chrysler/Dodge) for FREE.

My wife's grandparents bought it new, and when gpa died her parents took ownership.

At no point in my life did I think I'd be driving a minivan, but it's in excellent condition, and with two kids the practicality (and price) can't be ignored.

It has about 125k on it and has been meticulously maintained.

I'm looking into the possibility/difficulty of swapping my system in.

Component speakers look like they might be a bit of a hassle, and the 12 will definitely be an obstacle. It's not likely I'm going to be removing seats to make room for a big 'ol sub box.

ATM it's in a low tuned ported box that's about 3cf. I'll probably move it to a sealed box around 1cf and try to do it in such a way that it's not a complete PITA.

Of course there's always the option to liquidate and start over.

I'm looking for advice from anyone who's worked with a Caravan / Town & Country

I don't want to take up tons of space with subs. I would like to keep my 12 if possible. The other option would be to downsize, I'm definitely not going bigger.

I found some images of the cargo area and it looks like there's probably enough space behind the seats, but might take a little creativity with designing the box.

I think the 6.5's will fit in the doors w/o a problem. Not sure what to do with the tweeters.

Looks like I need to order about a quarter mile of power and speaker wire too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Remove 3rd row seats, will have plenty of room for box and stuff you haul around. I have 2 15's in the wife's minivan and plenty of room to haul stuff still...

I rock a '97 Grand Voyager. Yep mini vans get a lot of hate at car shows LOL

Sounds like we're picking up the van on the 17th.

Going to try to polish my SHO turd today, and probably start pulling my stuff out.

Hoping to get $1500-1600 out of it.

Still a reliable ~140 mph car, just looks like poo.

lol, I bought an SUV for my family, I have 3 kids and had to downsize to a smaller box due to not being able to use my 3rd row, wife wasn't happy. Whatever you do make sure you can still load your family and their things comfortably. I went with the H0110 W6V3 , the box is small and hits nice and I can still load my family nad a friend or 2. Good luck!

lol, I bought an SUV for my family, I have 3 kids and had to downsize to a smaller box due to not being able to use my 3rd row, wife wasn't happy. Whatever you do make sure you can still load your family and their things comfortably. I went with the H0110 W6V3 , the box is small and hits nice and I can still load my family nad a friend or 2. Good luck!
I also have the Ho110 W6V3 and absolutely love it !

I'm rocking an 09 sienna minivan. Soo much room for bass, just make sure your dead-lifts are up to par, carrying 300lb boxes in and out for special occasions aint no joke. Honestly its not that bad. Running 15s is great. However the front doors dont have much clearance for big speaker magnets. The roof is a B*TCH soo much flex even with deadener.

I also have the Ho110 W6V3 and absolutely love it !
Finally I meet another owner of this box. I had a really hard time getting to like it cause I down sized from a 12'' (lower/deeper bass) but after a couple of weeks or so of re-tuning the amp and adjusting settings I cant believe what great sound I am getting a month in, may have finally broken it in too. I'm a JL fan for sure now, I've always heard JL was overpriced but the quality is incomparable to anything I've ever had, the BASS is tight and solid like no other. My next purchase will be a conversion van and im throwing 22'' rims on it with 2 x 12's JL audios .

I'm rocking an 09 sienna minivan. Soo much room for bass, just make sure your dead-lifts are up to par, carrying 300lb boxes in and out for special occasions aint no joke. Honestly its not that bad. Running 15s is great. However the front doors dont have much clearance for big speaker magnets. The roof is a B*TCH soo much flex even with deadener.
NICE!!! 15''s is what I really want but I dont see them in w6v3 series... will have to settle for 12's when I do upgrade.

NICE!!! 15''s is what I really want but I dont see them in w6v3 series... will have to settle for 12's when I do upgrade.
try out C2 audio threatcon 2s, very comparable to JL w6s emphasized more on a lot more output. For SQ and output purposes a TC sounds epic 12 would definitely give JL a run for its money.

Finally I meet another owner of this box. I had a really hard time getting to like it cause I down sized from a 12'' (lower/deeper bass) but after a couple of weeks or so of re-tuning the amp and adjusting settings I cant believe what great sound I am getting a month in, may have finally broken it in too. I'm a JL fan for sure now, I've always heard JL was overpriced but the quality is incomparable to anything I've ever had, the BASS is tight and solid like no other. My next purchase will be a conversion van and im throwing 22'' rims on it with 2 x 12's JL audios .
Yes they are amazing I've had mine for less then a week and it amazes me more everyday ! There so accurate and tight no sloppy bass here and they hit hard for a 10 . I'm only feeding it 300 watts with my 5 ch JL audio amp VD700 5v2 and couldn't be happier . It is in a small hatch back and that helps . Think I'm a JL Audio lifer now !!

Yes they are amazing I've had mine for less then a week and it amazes me more everyday ! There so accurate and tight no sloppy bass here and they hit hard for a 10 . I'm only feeding it 300 watts with my 5 ch JL audio amp VD700 5v2 and couldn't be happier . It is in a small hatch back and that helps . Think I'm a JL Audio lifer now !!
300 watts on a 600 watt rms woofer ? So in reality you have a lot of room for more power which will blow you away even further. I have a 1000watt rms alpine amp but tuned to 34.6 volts using 60hz tune. It sounds amazing, sometimes I wanna push it a little more but Ill just play it safe and settle for this. Cant wait to get my van so I can throw some 12's in and then I will get what I want in regards to sound.

300 watts on a 600 watt rms woofer ? So in reality you have a lot of room for more power which will blow you away even further. I have a 1000watt rms alpine amp but tuned to 34.6 volts using 60hz tune. It sounds amazing, sometimes I wanna push it a little more but Ill just play it safe and settle for this. Cant wait to get my van so I can throw some 12's in and then I will get what I want in regards to sound.
For sure and that's why I stepped up I feel with a better sub like the W6 instead of a more powerful amp although the JL Xd amp does a fine job . Unfortunately couldn't swing the amp I wanted a long with everything else so will have to wait for another year probably to go to the next level amp . This setup has exceeded my expectations so that was a unexpected treat .Haven't pushed it or felt the need to so haven't come close to any distortion levels fortunately . So just going to enjoy it for a while before I upgrade the amp . My installer said he can set my EQ up for me for about a hour labor using some software or something to dial it in even more and should be even more impressed .He told me not to mess with the EQ So right now my EQ is flat I'm guessing or defeated but like I said it still sounds great ! Wow that Alpine amp you have should be more then enough power in the bank for your future needs I bet your system does sound amazing !!

300 watts on a 600 watt rms woofer ? So in reality you have a lot of room for more power which will blow you away even further.
3dB?

Noticeable. Far from a huge increase in output.

How about something relating to the topic?

Has anyone wired components in the door of a dodge/chrysler?

It doesn't look like it's going to be easy getting 12-14 awg speaker wire through the connectors in the door jamb.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.