Possible aeroport wall? Opinions?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Wanacustomx
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Well at a local how a guy had an accord with 4 zvx 15's by skar walled on only an incriminator audio 40.1 at 1 ohm clamped 800 watts per sub.. Had 4 6" aero ports and did over a 153 on term lab.

Really considering doing aero ports in my wall now for a cleaner look and since my explorer is already limited to about 17 cubes gross for 4 15's walled, it would probably be better for the performance..

Question is will 4 6" aero ports be enough? I mean it should be.. It will also be better for the enclosure since I would be able to have double baffle, and back ( maybe) sides..

Lemme know your opinions

How about a single large aero port? I believe psycoacoustics is making custom flared ports built to your specs. He has made one as large as 19 inches in diameter.

Psp says I would need a ridiculously large port and long, I put in 24" and it said I needed 61" long to tune to 30"..

I'm pretty **** good with bracing... I do fantastic with windows bracing and what not.. I get "clever"...

Can I get someone who can do this on a computer to get me a design please.. I have never drawn out my design on paper.. Only figured for a slotted port and done calculations... Wish I could see my design..

36Wx35"Tx28"D.. Was really gonna do 2 subs one side and 2 on the other, port in the middle.. Thinking tuning around 35 he.. Someone who enjoys the computer designs help me out here..

Doesn't seem to me like nearly enough port area for 17 cube wall. Also you'd better be pretty clever about bracing to not get 2 layers to flex.
Honestly I was worried about the port area as well... But people say 8-10 sq inches of port per cube.. Say I have 15 cubes net (maybe?) that's 120 sq inches of port I need. I'd be at around 112 with 4 6" aeros non-flared.. I'm doing flared...

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

He'll if someone can design this bitc h.... Maybe squeeze in 5 aeros that's more than enough...

Well at a local how a guy had an accord with 4 zvx 15's by skar walled on only an incriminator audio 40.1 at 1 ohm clamped 800 watts per sub.. Had 4 6" aero ports and did over a 153 on term lab.
Really considering doing aero ports in my wall now for a cleaner look and since my explorer is already limited to about 17 cubes gross for 4 15's walled, it would probably be better for the performance..

Question is will 4 6" aero ports be enough? I mean it should be.. It will also be better for the enclosure since I would be able to have double baffle, and back ( maybe) sides..

Lemme know your opinions
Thats wierd... i was at the shop where this was gettin done thursday night. lol really cool guy, one of his buddies has a silverado walled off with 6 zvx 15's with 3 10 inch aero ports on 2 crescendo 3500's doin a 155

Honestly I was worried about the port area as well... But people say 8-10 sq inches of port per cube.. Say I have 15 cubes net (maybe?) that's 120 sq inches of port I need. I'd be at around 112 with 4 6" aeros non-flared.. I'm doing flared... 

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

He'll if someone can design this bitc h.... Maybe squeeze in 5 aeros that's more than enough...
I definitely wouldn't go down in box volume. I'd sacrifice in port area first.

Thats wierd... i was at the shop where this was gettin done thursday night. lol really cool guy, one of his buddies has a silverado walled off with 6 zvx 15's with 3 10 inch aero ports on 2 crescendo 3500's doin a 155
seriously?? they said they were from north carolina... the show was in myrtle beach...

seriously?? they said they were from north carolina... the show was in myrtle beach...
yessir, the wall was in a grey honda accord with black rims? theyre team is flex city. the guy who started it has a ranger with 2 dc xl 15's, theres a guy with a tiburon and 4 vvx 15's... all of em have nasty setups man!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.