(2) SA-15's (1) BRZ 1700 in short body Escalade.

Sgt. Spuds
10+ year member

I need help with my box for this truck. Being my first SUV I am kind of clueless as to what to shoot for. I had these subs in a 2004 SLS with a very small ( for these subs, used every inch of the Caddys trunk though ) ported box. I am now the owner of a NBS Escalade and want to remove the third row and actually build a box big enough for these speakers

Vehicle : 2003 Cadillac Escalade

Location in the vehicle: Where 3rd row was

Space available (Length x Width x Height): I will get these later in the day. I am thinking around 48x36x24, but I could be way off.

Subwoofer make and model: Sundown SA-15

Subwoofer Size: 15

Number of Subwoofers: 2

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): Thinking Slot, I have never built my own box, and want to keep it simple.

What type of music do you like?: I use my subs mainly for Rap music, Jeezy, Lil Wayne, ect, but I do commonly listen to classic rock, and heavy metal. I usually just turn the subs down a lot for these types of music

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: Everyday bang'n, rolling around town shakin windows and what not, I never compete

Tuning Freq (Hz): I am guessing around 32 HZ

Volume : 7-8 cubes

I am lost as to where to face the subs, and where to face the port, as well as to share air space or not, I have shared air space now.

I really, REALLY, love getting low, and want to move some air/shirts/*******.... I would be willing to pay for a cut sheet, but if anyone has built a similar box and has their cut sheet available, that would be awesome as well.

I am not a box builder but, normally with subs of that size, I would imagine you'd have them facing the cieling of the car, since it's not a wall configuration, and have the ports facing the trunk. The ports facing the trunk will provide a lower, and louder sound because the air has to travel further, thus being noticablly louder to the ear, than a cab facing port. Now what kind of port length, and the type of port you would need is a question for someone else :].

Little early but I'm sure they'll wake up here soon. There's a lot of good box builders on here that will definitely be able to give you a nice set of plans for cheap. Pro-rabbit who is a moderator on here is out of Oklahoma City. I'm sure he'd be pretty reasonable on a cut sheet and OK isn't too far for shipping either. Just a suggestion, as there's a lot of builders on here and even if I tried to name them all I'd leave someone out. Lol!

I found a guy who has the shop and tools for the job, willing to build and design for basically free, or just build if I bring a cut sheet, he's a distant co-worker... He's running two 15 inch Orions hcca's in his expedition, and built the box for them. All I have to do is buy the wood and carpet, and drive an hour to his place.

I just need to figure out how I want everything by the third.

I am going port rear facing, for sure, but don't know where to face the subs. I would like them to face the rear as well, and thats what the builder suggested, due to my dog... As weird as it sounds I leave her in the truck from time to time and she likes to hop around from seat to seat, and I'd hate her to put a paw through a 400 dollar speaker ( shes 90lbs ) . Will I gain/lose anything by facing the subs to the rear of the hatch, vs upwards firing?

your best bet, by far, is to contact dc creations or davetheboxguy and have them design it. they will give you a detailed print.

im sure they have worked with installs in your vehicle and sa15 are common

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.