porting an interveted sub

first off sorry mwess....i snapped i was in a bad mood //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif anyways back to the topic....i just got this winisd pro to do some calcs for me, and do people leave all the defaults for air pressure, humidity, should i put in the actuall peak power the sub is getting? i ask because it its showing me a air vel. of 1200 ft/s which is like 390m/s, well over the 30m/s recomendation....somehow i think i did something wrong....btw its a 12w7 in a 1.95cu ft box. tuned to 32hz...in that program, is the crossectional area, the same as what you refer to as port area? i would assume soooo.

ok i was looking at the wrong thing...i went to the rear chamber port air velocity, now i want the peak of that graph under 30 m/s (98.4 ft/s) right? if it gets really close to that, or a little above, is it going to make a huge diference? or might i get port noise every now and then? for example, 2 3" ports keeps the lengths to resonable sizes, but puts the vel. at 38 m/s...this just simplifies everything for me, how much port noise is going to be seen in that scenario?

im not sure how i have to take that in acount....are you familar with winis pro? i just entered the volume before ports displacment and played with the port diamter and number of ports.....is the program taking it in acount, or do i need to do something else? also i want to just use pvc (3") so i have access to right angles and such, but how or what do i use for a flange on the surface? with quite length ports i am afraid they are going to rattle against the box, is this a legit conern, should i ankor them inside somehow? remmeber...this is my first shot at porting.

well im not changing the tunning freq ever....its going to be 32hz....are you saying the total displacment for the ports (no matter what combination of size and length i use) is always going to be the same in the same volume box? if so what is it? also i can i take that in acount, as the volume changes, the port length change, which then changes the volume again....seems cirular, what am i missing?

Originally posted by Jmac I can do it for you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I don't have an equation for it, unfortunately, but I do have a professional program that does it accurately //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

All I need are the exterior dimensions of the box, width of wood, and port size (2 x 3" ports, right ?) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
box is in construction so ill give them to you tommorow...whats the proessional program? how much it cost you, i might be intrested. you dont actully need to dimmensions, wont the volume be sufficeient? i ask because its a rather odd shape...ill post a diagram tommorow.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.