Ported truck box

Participant count
  • Participant list
yes it is possible but it will have to be built specifically for your woofer. anything you can buy in stores will **** unless you can match its specs. my friend has a probox ported wooferbox and it *****, my sealed box is pretty much as loud by earshot and my SQ is way way better

pick a woofer, find out how much space you have, calculate the space and see if the woofer will perform within that space available. if not, find another woofer. dont try to fit something ridiculous like two deep 15s in a reg cab, you WONT have enough airspace. once you find a combo that fits ask for help wiht a box

yes it is possible but it will have to be built specifically for your woofer. anything you can buy in stores will **** unless you can match its specs. my friend has a probox ported wooferbox and it *****, my sealed box is pretty much as loud by earshot and my SQ is way way better
pick a woofer, find out how much space you have, calculate the space and see if the woofer will perform within that space available. if not, find another woofer. dont try to fit something ridiculous like two deep 15s in a reg cab, you WONT have enough airspace. once you find a combo that fits ask for help wiht a box

didnt you read my first post

i said i had 1 10" sub not 15s

Build your box around your sub. Guiness was just saying to not do something LIKE that(fit a 15 in your truck), not that you plan on actually doing it. http://www.bcae1.com is a good site for a free box volume calculator...so check your specs on the sub, and see if the space you have in your truck is a sufficient amount of space to make the RIGHT box with the correct volume for your sub. You will most likely have to build a sealed enclosure, but if you have enough length, you might be able to get away with it. the thing you do not want to do is rig a box to "whatever fits" inside your truck. you might get lucky and it sound good, but in most cases it sounds like your woofer is shitting all in your trunk. DO NOT take the newb's way out. make a box that "fits" your sub and do the **** thing

Nick

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.