Ported Enclosure...NEED HELP!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

'91_CivicSi

Hi, First time post here,just joined the community!

Kay, I just bought a 91 Civic HB and i am looking for a box to put my 2 Audiobahns in. I have heard of the capabilties of my car with SPL but the fact is i would rarely get to compete in such events. SO,i am looking for someone to build or box plans for the right box for me. If someone were to build for me know that i can only spend about 80-100 bucks on this thing,including shipping.lol.which might be out of the question meaning i need some plans to do myself for that price. I'm goin to list the specs my Subs owners guide lists in their "everyday use"catergory and their "SPL"catergory. And with these i am looking for something in between the two numbers. Here goes nuthin...

Catergory Everday/SPL Comp Values //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Air Space- 1.35qft / 2.35qft

Port Size Inches- 3"x8.5" / 4x8

Port Velocity*Important*in percent - 16.06%/ 9.55%

Tuned Frequency- 36hz / 36hz

Subwoofer Displacement- 0.15QFt

Port Displacement- 0.031 / 0.053

Total Volume- 1.5QFt / 2.5 QFt

And these numbers are for ONE Sub,i have TWO,keep this in mind when replying.

And it says an ?EBP?of less than 45 for sealed,greater than 65 for ported,whatever that is?

Thats what it states.....dont ask why i used a Q to represent Cubic Ft cause i dont even know.lol.So i guess taking these stats into account i would like a box that performs at the 35-45 Hz very well. So if any box builders are out there or plan makers or sumpthin,or maybe a link to a GOOOOOODDDD Good manufacturer that has a box Between these two specs Please lemme know. If you have or can make plans make sure they are BEGINNER friendly....hahaha...i **** at wood working unless the plans are simple,and i think ported boxs are beyond my ability.

Any Replies Are GREATLY Appreciated.

Thanks

Oh and one more thing....in my hatch i have about 33"Widthx13"Depth and at least 17"height to work with Space Wise.And is it possible to find ported boxs that are angles slightly up?Sorry for the FLOOD of questions,but i want to get this sorted out by X-Mas. THANKS

P.S.- Q-Logic boxs for the record........****...learned my lesson there

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.