Ported Boxes....

dkim1385
10+ year member

I just bought a single 12" Q-logic ported box from Best Buy. However, it is not ported yet. Am I supposed to cut a hole through the box to make it ported? Also, is it a good idea to port the box for a rockford fosgate HE sub? Or should I just leave it sealed without any ports? Which would be the better?

well its not "ported yet" because you bought a sealed box. for a RF if you were leaning more towards spl then you should have bought the pored but the sealed will give you more sq. It depends on which one you prefer. if i were going to buy a sub like that id buy a ported box cause id go all out spl. but different strokes for deifferent folks.

those boxes have a port plug if it is a type 2 or 3 box. take the sub out and look into the box and find where it is, then just cut the carpet on the outside. you might want to call q-logic first and find out exactly how to do it

putting a RF HE or HE2 in a ported box is a stupid thing to do. not only do they sound a hell of a lot better in sealed but also blow extremly easy in a ported box. they sound horrible and are not worth the effort to put them in a ported box b/c it will do worse than it would good.

adam

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.