Ported Box for....

kbkid
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Virginia
I am going to try to make a ported box for two 15" Resonant Engineering SEs. RE recommends that the ported box be 8 cubic feet for these subs. The box will be going in a Ford Explorer. If it was possible I was going to make the subs face each other at an angle of some sort, but if that is too complicated then I won't. Can anyone make a drawing or something showing me how this ported box should look to a certain extent.

Also, does anyone know how much space the back of the box has to be from the back of the subwoofer itself? I mean can it be right up against it or should it be back a certain distance?

Thanks, Kyle

Ok so what is there a certain angle the subs shouldn't be facing each other? I know they shouldnt be both facing directly at each other but what is the limit? Or should I just stick to a rectangular box?

I know I have plenty of room, I just thought it would look alot better with angled subs. Or is that too complicated to develop a box? Can someone make a drawing for a box I may need. It needs to be 8 cubes. I wanted it to go wheel-well to wheel well which would be able 4 feet. I know it needs to be at the least of 15 inches tall because that is what size subs I am getting but I don't know how deep it needs to be. And can someone show me how the port should look and how to tune it to a certain number.

I know I have plenty of room, I just thought it would look alot better with angled subs. Or is that too complicated to develop a box? Can someone make a drawing for a box I may need. It needs to be 8 cubes. I wanted it to go wheel-well to wheel well which would be able 4 feet. I know it needs to be at the least of 15 inches tall because that is what size subs I am getting but I don't know how deep it needs to be. And can someone show me how the port should look and how to tune it to a certain number.
its quite a bit more complicated than that.

in fact, im still freaking learning this garbage... i suggest contacting somone on the boards, and paying them $5~10 to design you a box. then you build it yourself.

and this will help you learn in the process. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Jmac does this, but his computer just got busted, so i dont know how long it will take for him to get back together.

What all is it to designing a box? I mean is it just throwing some deminsions on it and building it or what? I don't have no problem building I just don't understand the way the port needs to be constructed. I was going to make a ported box 4 ft. x 18in. x 18in. That would make the cubes to come out to be 9 cubic foot. RE recommends 8 cubes all together so where could I take some space off at? The depth? Could I make it 15 inches deep?

kbkid...apparently you are smarter than everyone here. Just throw some dimensions together and build it..that will work better than someone else who knows what they're doing design you a box. The search button works wonders, noob.

Ah, what does old_school know anyways??

hehehe.. j/p

I'd say pay the man his $10 and have him come up with a box. Spend the money and build it. Instead of, "throwing dimentions together" and WASTING your time and money.

Ok ****. I am trying to learn instead of paying someone to do it for me. No need for stupid remarks. I never said I was "smarter" than anyone on here I was just curious to what else is to it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.