Ported box for Rl-p 12

Participant count
  • Participant list

MadItalian
10+ year member

Arizona
Ive made up my mind about going for a single 12 ported, probably a soundsplinter rlp. I'd like to keep as much trunk space so i was thinking around the 1.5 ft^3 reccomended minimum. Im not sure what tuning would be best, i want it to sound reallllllly clean, definetely dont need the loudest setup possible, i figure ill get the volume i want with the ported box..soo what do u think mabee 1.5ft^3 tuned to 30hz at whatever wattage neccesary?

30Hz should do nicely for you. That RL-P will sound good in pretty much anything, but 30Hz will have awsome SQ and should get relatively loud for a daily driver set up. Building this yourself?

I dont think ill be building this box myself yet. This will be my first car system, so id rather have someone who knows what theyre doing make it perfect. ive been messing around on Ed's website building boxes and noticed i can easily make the volume larger by increasing the tuning frequency without altering the boxes dimensions... cool....easy way to get some more volume w/o sacrificing space... is there a noticable difference between say 30 and 33 hz?

I dont think ill be building this box myself yet. This will be my first car system, so id rather have someone who knows what theyre doing make it perfect. ive been messing around on Ed's website building boxes and noticed i can easily make the volume larger by increasing the tuning frequency without altering the boxes dimensions... cool....easy way to get some more volume w/o sacrificing space... is there a noticable difference between say 30 and 33 hz?

From the few different boxes I have worked with, I would say you would notice an audible difference between 30 and 33Hz. However, the difference will not be night and day...

not real noticeable. if you need a box built hit me up. i'm making one for my rl-p as well. i'm gonna do about 1.8 cubes tuned to 33 hz.

ill probably do something very similar then....im imagining how sexy the nine.1 would look next to the rl-p all squeezed into my Gto's tiny trunk //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.