Ported Box Design Request DD2515

siviog1
10+ year member

Team Bass in Your Face
CHi-Town
Need some help using Torres Box Calculator or if someone can assist with it and Sketch...

Vehicle : 06 Dodge Charger

Location in the vehicle: Trunk

Space available (Length x Width x Height): 32 x 20 x 15

Subwoofer make and model: DD 2515 (D4's)

Subwoofer Size:15

Number of Subwoofers: 2

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): Slot or Aero

What type of music do you like?: Electronic, Indie, mostly all genres

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: Everyday Music

Tuning Freq (Hz): 32-34Hz

Volume : Not sure

Need some help using Torres Box Calculator or if someone can assist with it and Sketch...
Vehicle : 06 Dodge Charger

Location in the vehicle: Trunk

Space available (Length x Width x Height): 32 x 20 x 15

Subwoofer make and model: DD 2515 (D4's)

Subwoofer Size:15

Number of Subwoofers: 2

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): Slot or Aero

What type of music do you like?: Electronic, Indie, mostly all genres

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: Everyday Music

Tuning Freq (Hz): 32-34Hz

Volume : Not sure
im not by any means an expert but 4 cubes for 2 15s is on the small side. you would need a minimum of 6 i believe. you might be better off with 1 sub. again tho not an expert so you may want to have someone else help out.

How would I go about getting the box parameters for a sealed enclosure. Yes, I know ported would be loud but it seems like without assistance to build the box in the trunk then I have to go sealed.

Isn't there more space than that in your Charger? I would change subs regardless though.
Why should I change the subs, to 12s? There is more space in depth, but I was trying to see if at all possible to build the box outside the trunk instead of inside. As you can see below the trunk has these side humps by the fender wells which gives the floor 32 inches wide at the back of the trunk. The humps are about 3 inches tall and 2 1/2 inches wide.

dodge_charger_se_2009_other_7.jpg

Because the wells in these cars are so close I had to build my buddy's box inside the car. 32" is very hard to fit 2 15s but I fit them the key is to build as high and as deep as possible. We put aero ports in the middle but could never quite get it to sound right. O and please please get some murder mat the 300s and chargers have one of the worst trunk rattles I ever saw.

Box like in the vid could probably be built outside the vehicle then external port thru deck attached once it's inside the trunk.

Subs up/port to the side could probably be done built outside of the trunk, but you'd need to leave the box at the back of the trunk....

Box like in the vid could probably be built outside the vehicle then external port thru deck attached once it's inside the trunk.
Subs up/port to the side could probably be done built outside of the trunk, but you'd need to leave the box at the back of the trunk....
This is a great opportunity for you to help me build the box I want ported through the 10 inch hole in the rear deck. ;-)

Had two 12s in my old 2006 Charger. Those stupid lips in the back of the trunk are a pain in the *** and make no sense whatsoever . If I remember correctly we had to put the box up on them because it wouldn't fit.

This is a great opportunity for you to help me build the box I want ported through the 10 inch hole in the rear deck. ;-)
I don't help, I get paid to build boxes //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

I have a few big builds coming up, so you need to let me know asap if you want to do something as those will keep me busy for a month....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.