Port volume and tuning help

Participant count
  • Participant list

4OZGLOVES
10+ year member

<--- Gina FTMFW
PITT. PA
So I've decided to design a fourth order for 2 xfl 10's. Sealed chamber will be 1.7 cubes ported will be around 3.5-4. I'm just not sure how much port space I'm going to need. I know the 12-16 rule on ported but it's more on a 4th. Not real sure on tuning either , looking to hit the low 30's with some stank and play up into the 60's nicely.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

While that program is pretty neat, it assumes you know the values. I was just recapping the numbers you provided. RS recommends the following...
Yeah I feel like it was a mistake and he meant per sub. I decided to go with 13ft3 net, 186in2, 36hz to be a little on the bandwidth side.
Yeah, saw that too, was like ??? wtf! They do know there stuff, I usually just roll with it!
You could try to make the port longer, but there might be other reasons with the box won't extend lower, or even the sub. You'd have to reverse...
Whoa, that will be one skinny port. The width of the back wall ports will be 1.08" wide (27.5mm), but the front port will be shared by 2 subs so...

About this thread

4OZGLOVES

10+ year member
<--- Gina FTMFW
4OZGLOVES
PITT. PA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date