port thru rear deck

limitkid7
5,000+ posts

sell wite
GA
what are the advantages of having the port thru the rear deck if you can't fold your rear seats down, other than the port size will be tuned to what the 'inside of the car is" - hope that makes sense

if you are talking about just cutting a hole in the rear deck to let more bass in i just did that last week with good results. if not, then i dont know. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Did U Make A Custom Box So That The Port Is Actually Thru The Rear Deck (WHICH IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT), Or Are You Just Saying U Cut A Whole To Allow More Bass In?

show some pics!!!!!!!!!!!

Did U Make A Custom Box So That The Port Is Actually Thru The Rear Deck (WHICH IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT), Or Are You Just Saying U Cut A Whole To Allow More Bass In?

show some pics!!!!!!!!!!!
The "shift" key is normally just used at the beginning of a sentence or a proper name. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

The "shift" key is normally just used at the beginning of a sentence or a proper name. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

my nuts..............

how can you have it in a truck? a truck doesn't have a rear deck. if you were to make a pod to angle it just right with your back window shouldn't it give the effect of the bass bouncing off the back window like in a hatchback which is why a system "hits" so hard in a hatchback? I was thinking of getting 2x 3" Snake tubes (at 15 a pop they seem expensive for vacuum cleaner hoses with a little BS port on the end) and running them through where the factory speakers were at in my car (screw rearfill) and building a fiberglass pod to angle them at the back window

Has Anyone Else Seen Port Thru Rear Deck?
Tried doing this a few weeks back. Actually used some 3" aeroports to fire through the rear decks 6x9 holes. Like 3 inches sticking through the box and actually into the cabin. Cant really say I didnt see a gain , but also cant say I did. It would have been a better comparison to use the same volume but I used like an extra cube. The fact the air from the ports is being reflected off the rear glass would make me assume it would indeed be louder.

The fact is Im not using the set-up right now, so it wasnt too impressive. I cant fold my seat down either........*****....

BTW: the port through the arm rest wasnt any louder on a meter with the same cubic volume as apposed to the port being in the trunk. In case you were pondering it as well.

How we've done it is by:

1. Building a box that will go around the actual sub box. It would only be 5 sided, so the sub box can fit into it.

2. Cut the rear deck and cover. Make a grill cloth cover for the hole.

3. Make a hole about the same size as the hole in the rear deck, in the box. Not the sub box, but the secondary box.

4. Tape or fiberglass the 2 holes together. Make sure there isnt any leaks from the secondary box to the rear deck.

5. Mount the secondary box.

6. Mount the sub box to the secondary. At this point, its your choice if your going to make a cover board for the whole back, to cover everything. We also seal between the sub and the secondary box.

7. Found it works well with sealed enclosures, and if the rear window has a ample slant.

8. Tried it once with a ported box.. and all you could hear is a shitload of turbulence.

Wish I had some pics to show you, but I dont. My buddy has them all in his photo album.

Bill T.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.