Port the rear deck

Participant count
  • Participant list

82 cutlass
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Hey...I'm thinking about doing a bandpass with 4 powerbass s-series 12's(great little subs) i have laying around in the trunk of my 92 caddy brougham . I want to cut out some of the rear deck and put the port up in there . Anyone do this to a brougham ? Going to power with a mtx 1501d at 2 ohms .

Max dimentions i want to use is 44in.w x 16h x 35d...right around 12 cubes . Hopefully that should be enough room .

Any help with a general design would be great !!

Thanks

Hey...I'm thinking about doing a bandpass with 4 powerbass s-series 12's(great little subs) i have laying around in the trunk of my 92 caddy brougham . I want to cut out some of the rear deck and put the port up in there . Anyone do this to a brougham ? Going to power with a mtx 1501d at 2 ohms . Max dimentions i want to use is 44in.w x 16h x 35d...right around 12 cubes . Hopefully that should be enough room .

Any help with a general design would be great !!

Thanks
You might be good with just 2 subs in a band pass.

You're probably right...should be much easier to build . I was thinking of scraping the powerbass 12's and going with a couple RE se-x's . If their anything like the old se's that is .

Whats the deal with bandpass enclosures?

I was a fan of them but i hear mixed things flat response(watever that means) 1 note wonders (cant be good) .Not trying to threadjack just that i also have a trunk car and was thinking porting through my rear deck (non bandpass.

You're probably right...should be much easier to build . I was thinking of scraping the powerbass 12's and going with a couple RE se-x's . If their anything like the old se's that is .
The new RE is not the same as the old. They sold out. Id stay with the PB's.

Whats the deal with bandpass enclosures? I was a fan of them but i hear mixed things flat response(watever that means) 1 note wonders (cant be good) .Not trying to threadjack just that i also have a trunk car and was thinking porting through my rear deck (non bandpass.
They get loud and can sound good if built right . I want to go through the rear deck to eliminate most of the trunk rattles and noise .

The new RE is not the same as the old. They sold out. Id stay with the PB's.
Yeah i know but they're still pretty good drivers . I put a couple in a friends car a few months ago and they looked pretty well made and slammed pretty good . Even thought the little pb's are the **** for what they are the RE se-x's are better .

i was thinking that the sealed part of the bandpass enclosure would render some of the sound seeing as it is sealed like standard sealed enclosure on 1 side.

I also am looking to render the trunk of rattles and unecessary pressure.

along with retaining trunk space .Are bandpass tyically larger than standard ported?

i was thinking that the sealed part of the bandpass enclosure would render some of the sound seeing as it is sealed like standard sealed enclosure on 1 side.
I also am looking to render the trunk of rattles and unecessary pressure.

along with retaining trunk space .Are bandpass tyically larger than standard ported?
Yes bandpass boxes are larger than the standard ported box . From what i see most are around 2:1 in ratio

hmm that sort of *****, i have about 3.5-4 cubes gross to work with .. bandpass looks like a no go.
Yeah you would probably need between 5-6 cubes depending on woofers . Do some numbers for your woofers in one of the box calculators online . Will give you an idea on what size box you'll need

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.