port or not to port

Participant count
  • Participant list

corenele

i have 2 jl audio 10" 10w1v2-4 and a box that i made for my f150 truck.the size of the box is 13w 6h 46l that im going to divide into 2 for the 2 subs.i have them running on referance power 800.2 amp.now im coming up with .993 ft and my speaker wants 1ft im close.should i keep it sealed or port it to get a hard hitting punch sound that im looking for?if i was to port were and how big should the port be?my book that came with my speakers say to tune it to 31.0 and f3-28.8 what ever that means.or should i just keep it sealed?

If all you have space for is .993ft sealed, stay sealed. You'd need a hell of a lot more space for a port (remember the port takes up area inside the box).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Yeah, saw that too, was like ??? wtf! They do know there stuff, I usually just roll with it!
You could try to make the port longer, but there might be other reasons with the box won't extend lower, or even the sub. You'd have to reverse...
While that program is pretty neat, it assumes you know the values. I was just recapping the numbers you provided. RS recommends the following...
Whoa, that will be one skinny port. The width of the back wall ports will be 1.08" wide (27.5mm), but the front port will be shared by 2 subs so...
Yup. That is the bread truck that Richard Clark built for MTX many years ago . 60 inch subwoofer. The problem was that the truck wasn’t...

About this thread

corenele

corenele
seattle
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
redrb25det240