port design please HELP!

They need 3 cubic feet each in a ported enclosure. Tune the subs to 32-40hz.
Box Specs.

Width: 45"

Height: 18"

Depth: 17"

MDF Thickness: 3/4"

This is a box for 2 x 12" Ipipe subs. Total volume: 6.4ft^3 before displacement.

To port this box, tuned to 35hz you need:

3 lengths of 6" Diameter PVC Pipe, 27" long each.

The subs will fire upwards, while the ports will load into the end of the box.
^^^^^ Lol, this. Haha I really need to refresh my page before I summit a post. Nice quick response; rotrojordans! I'm new to the online posting so I'm kinda slow, lol.

I just sketched this rough drawing up to show you how it should look...

2yudcgj.jpg

Ok.. Picture in your mind a sub box in front of you. The box stands as tall as you, this is Height. Now the width is obviously compared to you as shoulder to shoulder in measurement in this premade vision I'm giving you. Thus would leave you the last dimension in a 3 dimensional aspect to be Depth. I didn't know exactly how to answer this so hope this helps.. Did it, lol?

6 cubes sounds way too big for 2 12s... most can be ran in 3.5-4 net for a pair
Well, I'm assuming retrojordans checked up on those subs.. All subs require different amounts of airspace and yes typical 12's recommend about 3.5-4 cubic feet for a pair, but thats average of all subs.. These could be the larger airspace recommended subs to make that average what it is.

Hmm... Well with my pretty accurate program I got 4.99 Cu Ft Net, 6.44 Cu Ft Gross, 36.37 Hz, 16.99 Port Area Per Ft. This given information from me, is from my received information into my program of a box recommend by retrojordans with information including flows; Width: 45", Height: 18", Depth: 17", using 3/4" wood, and porting with 3 total ports at 6" diameter and 27" in length.

rertrojordans is actually pretty accurate with using that calculator for its rather close to mine. My calculations are super accurate yet either because I don't know the subwoofer displacement which will change some info slightly and I'm assuming with those pots 0 common port walls would be used without an extra baffle.

I really don't care I put 2 minutes total into this whole thought process. And just use my measurements as internal measurements and you'll be fine..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.