Port back vs up: The horse is still alive.

and i bet that system in your sig "sounds good" hahaha dont get but hurt over it.how many SQ vehicles run 15's? my idea of sounding good and others ideas are far apart. the last system i had that sounded good (FAR FROM SQ) was my wifes eclipse with DD 9510 ported and Memphis big belle turn down the gain for a good even sound.
I would bet there are more then you think actually. I know I have personally judged several in the past few years.

I would bet there are more then you think actually. I know I have personally judged several in the past few years.
how many have won? how many champs out there run 15's? how many champs "use" more then 1k on the sub stage? when i say "use" I dont mean that they have 2k on tap.

anyways this can just go on and on and on because SQ is based on someone listening to the setup playing a certain song.so what one says "sounds good " might not sound good to another.

sorry for the thread thrashing! on with the build

27923015.jpg

PR has the exact same vehicle //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gifDon't know how much testing he's done though.

What Jeep do you have?
If PR has the same vehicle I'd suspect he has tried enough variables to have a good idea what's optimum.

I drive 97 Grand Cherokee. My old one finally died and I just got another one... this one has leather seats and I'm expecting that may change things slightly. I'm going to do more testing after I'm done sugaring this spring.

If PR has the same vehicle I'd suspect he has tried enough variables to have a good idea what's optimum.
I drive 97 Grand Cherokee. My old one finally died and I just got another one... this one has leather seats and I'm expecting that may change things slightly. I'm going to do more testing after I'm done sugaring this spring.
That's what I'm thinking as well. I've been discussing some options with him.

And leather seats changing things? Man, fuck SPL. Lol.

That's what I'm thinking as well. I've been discussing some options with him.
And leather seats changing things? Man, fuck SPL. Lol.

Not even sure that's what I'm going for this year, but if i do, supposedly leather seats gain. I expect having newer gaskets on doors and windows and no cracked body panels will help as well. If all it does is shift my peak freq by a couple cycles, my usual strategy for sounding good should work well enough.

Not even sure that's what I'm going for this year, but if i do, supposedly leather seats gain. I expect having newer gaskets on doors and windows and no cracked body panels will help as well. If all it does is shift my peak freq by a couple cycles, my usual strategy for sounding good should work well enough.
That's just too much to think about for me. I'll stick to my daily systems.

In the blazer I gained when we switched to leather seats..but the 24 10" tahoe build lost almost a full db when he switched.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.