RE XXX 12" Box almost done..

esmokah
10+ year member

Dabbed Out
img1163medium.jpg

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

It's 2.5 net tuned to 32 Hz going into my hatchback. I have a Sundown Audio Saz-2500 powering it. I have a 235 amp alt coming in a week or so. I'm getting the sub polished up to put in. pics coming..

yeah, i'm getting that massaged out. going to use a syringe to get more adhesive in spots. I'm still learning vinyl wrapping. It's a birch plywood box with all baffles cut on 45s and corner braces too. There's an oak stand for the magnet to sit on.

I made a stand that the magnet sits on. i am careful to drop the sub into the top and secure it. then i roll it over to face it out the back. the solid oak block was shaped perfectly to cradle it using a big belt sander. it is glued and screwed to the bottom. I was going to add a 1" dowel shaped like a + before I put it back in. I have been using the box for a couple months now, it sounds great. I just got around to finishing it this winter. I don't want it out in the cold! So decals, touch up some paint, and that cross brace left to do.

edit: you can see the stand in the first pic, it's just kinda white in there.

I like it, if I was local I would give you some coin to make box for me because I have all the material but I don't have the time. I'll get to it tho //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

airspace for the port for one. it can breathe firing to the rear. I am going to get some foam to make blocks on the sides of the box to flow into the rest of the trunk. so side wouldn't work. i have a strut bar in the back that holds the box in place, so sub or port forward wouldn't work. both up wouldn't work either, i have them under my rear deck and the box slides right underneath it.

It just looks and works best this way I feel.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.